Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s really starting to remind me of that first Pochettino season. Just like then, it’s not perfect, we still need players in, and players out.

But the spirit is better, performances are improving, we’re running more, and winning late. Just have to keep building on the pitch and in the market.

Levy, get this man some better players and now we're in business. It's really that simple you bald fuck.

:contepray:

He has performed miracles getting performances out of the crap he has to use, it would be criminal not to back him after what he has shown in the short time he has been here.

It doesn't have to been 10 WC players. 3 quality starters now and some more in the summer would solidify us in the top 4 this year and going forward.

It is unreal and depressing that we won't see it.

F2012.jpg

Loved the 3-5-2 tonight. Loved the subs. Please back this man.

3-5-2 is one of the "Conte trademarks" that I use 10 years ago to rebuild a winning Juventus. With a great intensity of play, determination and desire to win, he made up for the technical shortcomings of some players who, however, spilled blood to follow the coach.

Pirlo was considered a waste of Milan, Vidal a stranger from Bayer Lerkusen, Matri a good striker but nothing more, Vucinic a talented but unfriendly Slav. The only real star Buffon.

The team as you can see was not really made by top players. Someone has also become one thanks to him (Bonucci / Chiellini / Vidal). It is clear that today he wants more effort from Levy: you can't always start from scratch. Conte now has the name to ask
juventus-2012-2013.jpg

The team as you can see was not really made by top players. Someone has also become one thanks to him (Bonucci / Chiellini / Vidal). It is clear that today he wants more effort from Levy: you can't always start from scratch. Conte now has the name to ask
juventus-2012-2013.jpg

Interesting, but I guess the level of competition counts too. I'm not knocking serie A. But the prem is super competitive. Youve got Coutinho moving to bottom half of league dross. Players 2nd in la liga and former league winners begging to join a relegation side in England.

This league is tough and we need to spend just to stand still

I'm so glad we got this guy, and also pissed off that we didn't get him in the summer and get him a full pre-season and a couple of signings.

But the guy is so fucking good.
Whatever the exact reason (burn out from Inter, maybe?), it seems like we just couldn't win him over in the summer. The cosmic joke, of course, is that floundering around so much and eventually hiring Nuno made us shit enough to keep the door open for take 2 of trying to seduce Conté.

He was, without a doubt, the best available manager in the world and I still have to pinch myself that he's joined us.

Interesting, but I guess the level of competition counts too. I'm not knocking serie A. But the prem is super competitive. Youve got Coutinho moving to bottom half of league dross. Players 2nd in la liga and former league winners begging to join a relegation side in England.

This league is tough and we need to spend just to stand still
Right now the PL is certainly the best league, like the Serie A from the 80s and 90s up to the early 2000s

Id say papering over the cracks

I’d disagree ..

Dier .. unrecognizable to the player of the last few years
Sanchez .. different player more composed than I’ve ever seen him
Winks .. more progressive in his play than I’ve seen in years
Lucas .. more effective more clinical

I could go on but you get the point, he has made players which much of the fan base had given up on play with a new found confidence and ability. We are running harder than ever and playing with more determination.

In the relatively short time that Conte has been here , the transformation of the team has been immense. Everything has improved , fitness, attitude, patterns of play and individuals performances. He really has shown he’s the real deal and we cannot let this opportunity slip by not backing him to the fore. We have finally got The right guy to lead us to where we want to be, let’s not mess it up.

Back
Top Bottom