Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

La Gazzetta dello Sport analyzes Tottenham

Antonio's sign is already there but reinforcements are needed behind (defenders)

He still doesn't have the right men to do his kick and try to win, but Antonio's mark
Conte in Tottenham can be seen. At the beginning of the recovery on the field of Leicester Antonio's first defeat in the Premier at the helm of Tottenham was maturing, but Conte has already given precise signals to his team: he never gives up and even goes beyond his own technical limits that in this Tottenham especially in defense they are evident.

The work is still long for Antonio and they would serve as bread for reinforcements especially in defense. Conte has built his teams always starting from defensive solidity, but with the material he has available at the moment he has understood that it is much better to try to win by attacking and risking a little more. Especially if you have a player like Kane in front of you, he is the totem of the Spurs, the player on which the team leans to develop offensive actions and to finalize.

Conte put him back at the center of the project, convinced him that his future may still be in London and the England captain responded in a great way. Tottenham are in full swing for the Champions League in a Premier League where, apart from City and Liverpool, a crazy balance reigns. Antonio is on the right track, if they buy him a couple of defenders ...

I think the best thing about Conte is that he has already shown he can take even mediocre players to a high level. We obviously aren't going to sign established world class players right now but if we can just get him a couple decent players with the qualities he wants he will hopefully be able to transform them like he's done with Davies, Davinson and Lucas.

There's actually so much more to the change.
Actual goals for and against massively improved.
Chances created and conceded massively improved.
Running gone from worst in the league to best.
Even niche stats like forward passes has improved.

If he worked in an office as a team manager, he'd be due a massive fucking bonus for all those demonstrable improvements.

There's actually so much more to the change.
Actual goals for and against massively improved.
Chances created and conceded massively improved.
Running gone from worst in the league to best.
Even niche stats like forward passes has improved.

If he worked in an office as a team manager, he'd be due a massive fucking bonus for all those demonstrable improvements.
Fuck of with your "actual goals" bullshit would you, the modern game is all about expected metrics, boomer...

:contelol:

Fuck of with your "actual goals" bullshit would you, the modern game is all about expected metrics, boomer...

:contelol:

Graham Lots of Draws and Xg Potter

Happy Premier League GIF by Prime Video

It’s clear as day he’s got the team organized and getting the best out of the players he has. The reason we lose or draw is not because of him, it’s the players as we’re extremely average in some areas of the team. With that, it’s incredibly important we get Top 4 this year. I’m usually the person saying go all out for the cups so we can get some silverware in the cabinet but with him only having a 18 month contract, we need champions league football for the prestige and money to get the players HE WANTS. We have a lot more games to go, and I’m sure there’ll be ups and downs, but very positive on the managerial front so far

Conte hopes Spurs 'listen' on transfers

I swear if Levy & co. drive Conte out of the club for fucking him about with transfers, there needs to be fan boycott of the club until they agree to sell it.
If they don’t give him proper backing (£15m for Adama Traore is certainly not the backing I am talking about) then it betrays amateurism at the board level. We’ve tried virtually every ‘type’ of manager:

- Former players (Tactics Tim, Mason)
- Club legends (Ossie, Glen, Clem)
- European ‘technicians’ (Ramos, Gross, Santini)
- Poaching from mid table clubs (Poch, NES)
- Chelsea rejects (AVB, Mourinho)
- Brown envelope merchants (‘Arry, George Graham)

The only ones we haven’t tried (yet) as far as I can see are Sam Allardyce and Ted Lasso.

In Conte we finally have a manager who can elevate the team, but in his first window since taking the job he’s now having to complain to the press about the club not listening to him on transfers.

I’m dubious about some of the xG stats above that suggest a remarkable turn around: he’s had a very kind run of fixtures in his first 9 or so games. But even so, the change in the players’ attitude is obvious, and they appear to be happier playing to a system they understand.

But Conte’s comments yesterday really concern me: at this rate we’ll be back in the market for another company “yes man” to front the operation before too long.

If they don’t give him proper backing (£15m for Adama Traore is certainly not the backing I am talking about) then it betrays amateurism at the board level. We’ve tried virtually every ‘type’ of manager:

- Former players (Tactics Tim, Mason)
- Club legends (Ossie, Glen, Clem)
- European ‘technicians’ (Ramos, Gross, Santini)
- Poaching from mid table clubs (Poch, NES)
- Chelsea rejects (AVB, Mourinho)
- Brown envelope merchants (‘Arry, George Graham)

The only ones we haven’t tried (yet) as far as I can see are Sam Allardyce and Ted Lasso.

In Conte we finally have a manager who can elevate the team, but in his first window since taking the job he’s now having to complain to the press about the club not listening to him on transfers.

I’m dubious about some of the xG stats above that suggest a remarkable turn around: he’s had a very kind run of fixtures in his first 9 or so games. But even so, the change in the players’ attitude is obvious, and they appear to be happier playing to a system they understand.

But Conte’s comments yesterday really concern me: at this rate we’ll be back in the market for another company “yes man” to front the operation before too long.

If you follow Conte's career he does this at every club he manages, it's not him complaining he's putting constant pressure on the board to get him what he wants, his way of saying he's held up his end of the bargain its time to hold up your end.

Back
Top Bottom