Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But Conte’s comments yesterday really concern me: at this rate we’ll be back in the market for another company “yes man” to front the operation before too long.
his biggest limit is the complaining thing made in front of journalists: with doing so he decreases the team confidence and oblige the board to buy players that we don't really want (ex. drinkwater, morata, zappacosta when he was at chelsea. borriello, anelka, padoin when he was at juventus. moses, young when he was at inter milan).
other managers are just smarter than conte: they defend their players during transfer market sessions, and the board has not the mediatic pressure to buy someone (so clubs who sell a player don't ask the moon as fee)

I doubt any real top manager will be happy with our policy. Let's be real here. The board demand the manager to overachieve and in return they give him scrap(in terms of sum for transfer).

I just don't see Conte hanging for long on here with our transfer policy. To be fair i'm amazed he decided to come at first place.

There is a balance.

The board will buy players. They won't buy as many as Conte may want but they will ensure he gets the tools within reason.

If we get 2 or 3 players in a window where our main rivals for top 4 don't or get less, Conte can't really say too much.

I suspect he is priming somewhat for the summer window.

There is a balance.

The board will buy players. They won't buy as many as Conte may want but they will ensure he gets the tools within reason.

If we get 2 or 3 players in a window where our main rivals for top 4 don't or get less, Conte can't really say too much.

I suspect he is priming somewhat for the summer window.
To be fair, I don't know of one single club that WOULD buy all the players a manager wants... (Apart from P$G or Money¢h€ster ¢it¥!!)
even they have a budget... A fucking huge one, but a budget nonetheless!

If you follow Conte's career he does this at every club he manages, it's not him complaining he's putting constant pressure on the board to get him what he wants, his way of saying he's held up his end of the bargain its time to hold up your end.
This is it.

He isn’t just a good tram manager. He knows how to get what he wants from the board. He has told them and now he is telling the fans, the media, so the board are more pressured to give him what he wants. He is managing Levy. It is good good news.

This is it.

He isn’t just a good tram manager. He knows how to get what he wants from the board. He has told them and now he is telling the fans, the media, so the board are more pressured to give him what he wants. He is managing Levy. It is good good news.
also the clubs that are going to sell us one player and that's the problem: they will ask absolute nonsense price

he should talk only with the board and not with journalists
he never learns the lesson, club after club

also the clubs that are going to sell us one player and that's the problem: they will ask absolute nonsense price

he should talk only with the board and not with journalists
he never learns the lesson, club after club

Strange point, every man and his dog know that we need new players, whether Conte makes it public or not teams will try and fleece us regardless, it's not even exclusive to us - everyone is out here to make the most amount money when they can trying to sell thier assets.

Also you can argue that he does learn because when he's put pressure on the board he's managed to get his players in and been successful.

As a Spurs fan you can't take this as a negative because you know that Daniel Levy has no place to hide, he's putting pressure on him for good reason, if Daniel has any common or business sense he will back him.

1)Strange point, every man and his dog know that we need new players, whether Conte makes it public or not teams will try and fleece us regardless, it's not even exclusive to us - everyone is out here to make the most amount money when they can trying to sell thier assets.

2)Also you can argue that he does learn because when he's put pressure on the board he's managed to get his players in and been successful.

As a Spurs fan you can't take this as a negative because you know that Daniel Levy has no place to hide, he's putting pressure on him for good reason, if Daniel has any common or business sense he will back him.
1) if conte would have said to journalists that he is happy with the players we have and that we are looking only for some market occasions the perspective of a seller club changes. it's supply and demand. does he want traorè? Wolves will ask the moon. and they are right to do so.
2)he obtains new players, but no his first choices, at the price of first choices. I made many examples, drinkwater, morata etc. always the same story.
3)he only has business sense, the problem is that he lacks football competence. if levy doesn't back conte as promised, then conte can walk away (as he did with juventus chelsea and inter milan)

1) if conte would have said to journalists that he is happy with the players we have and that we are looking only for some market occasions the perspective of a seller club changes. it's supply and demand. does he want traorè? Wolves will ask the moon. and they are right to do so.
2)he obtains new players, but no his first choices, at the price of first choices. I made many examples, drinkwater, morata etc. always the same story.
3)he only has business sense, the problem is that he lacks football competence. if levy doesn't back conte as promised, then conte can walk away (as he did with juventus chelsea and inter milan)

This isn't how it works.

Wolves know we want Traore so they have set their price accordingly, they're not going to change it based on what Conte comes out with in the media, the price has been set it's up to us to match it, what's more if they change the price they risk messing up the deal, the sale was always going to happen this window because they've already brought someone in to replace him.

I don't understand your point about whether he get his first choices or not?

He lacks football competence which is why he hired Paratici, Paratici is the perfect buffer between him and Conte.

his biggest limit is the complaining thing made in front of journalists: with doing so he decreases the team confidence and oblige the board to buy players that we don't really want (ex. drinkwater, morata, zappacosta when he was at chelsea. borriello, anelka, padoin when he was at juventus. moses, young when he was at inter milan).
other managers are just smarter than conte: they defend their players during transfer market sessions, and the board has not the mediatic pressure to buy someone (so clubs who sell a player don't ask the moon as fee)
Conte is like this: take it or leave it.
E When he arrives at the club he doesn't go to "live quietly", he squeezes the environment. And if it is necessary to raise the pressure publicly it does so. He may have made some mistakes but with him I have seen players go 110%. Whoever wanted to go 75% went out of the project.

This isn't how it works.

Wolves know we want Traore so they have set their price accordingly, they're not going to change it based on what Conte comes out with in the media, the price has been set it's up to us to match it, what's more if they change the price they risk messing up the deal, the sale was always going to happen this window because they've already brought someone in to replace him.

I don't understand your point about whether he get his first choices or not?

He lacks football competence which is why he hired Paratici, Paratici is the perfect buffer between him and Conte.
in a ideal world might be like you described. in real world if I am a seller and I know you're desperate for my product I raise the price. everything else is not the truth

not always he gets his first choices. many times the board had to buy someone just to release the pressure that conte raised with the media, wasting money for average players payed like first choices.

I agree in the last point
Conte is like this: take it or leave it.
E When he arrives at the club he doesn't go to "live quietly", he squeezes the environment. And if it is necessary to raise the pressure publicly it does so. He may have made some mistakes but with him I have seen players go 110%. Whoever wanted to go 75% went out of the project.
I don't deny his skills. but can I consider that as his biggest limit or not?
continuously complaining with the journalists to oblige his club to buy him candies is quite childish.

You need to realise the man could win the league and it wouldnt be good enough here. Kane could score 50 goals and it wouldnt be enough fir some
But this is a common problem. Allegri 1's Juventus, which had arrived firmly among the top 4 clubs in Europe, always had some criticism. The megalomania of our president made us do a bit like Icarus ... we burned our wings and today we have to celebrate if we finish fourth in the standings.

in a ideal world might be like you described. in real world if I am a seller and I know you're desperate for my product I raise the price. everything else is not the truth

not always he gets his first choices. many times the board had to buy someone just to release the pressure that conte raised with the media, wasting money for average players payed like first choices.

I agree in the last point

I don't deny his skills. but can I consider that as his biggest limit or not?
continuously complaining with the journalists to oblige his club to buy him candies is quite childish.
I agree and it bothered me too because it was like putting family problems in the streets. In these terms Allegri is more “corporate or smart because he never criticizes society. But then he lets his thoughts leak through his former coach (Giovanni Galeone) who talks about Juventus every month: it is clear that he is a bit "driven". In this moment of exaggerated communication then in some way if you want to trigger the controversy it takes very little. He thinks that on Pirlo journalists went to resume their son's Twitter ...

jack sparrow jack sparrow However, I noticed that his former players never complain so it seems clear to me that it is also his strategy to create a positive tension in the team so that no one hides and everyone (who is part of the project, otherwise ignores) gives their best. The method is now proven. He has won with Juventus, Inter and Chelsea.

Tottenham uprising gains sense of origin story with Antonio Conte

7824.jpg

A happy Tottenham squad during training on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom