Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we feel the pressure for the 4th place, imagine to battle for the title..

No need to imagine.

2015/2016
2016/2017

2 x title challenges.

Key moments are an issue for us, but we absolutely we have title challenges in our recent history.

we should be realistic, if we'll reach 80-85 points in the next EPL it's already a great result, but not sufficient to win the title

Your OG post suggested that closing the gap and being in the mix was impossible..... This is not a prediction either way, but with the right recruitment and a WC manager it ought to be; even if MC & Pool both have a better track record of getting over the line.

Last edited:
Love Conte and we are lucky to have him but watching RM v City last night had me thinking. Ancelotti subs off Kroos and Modric when chasing a goal. Subs off Benzema at the end. Not sure if someone like Conte makes those subs. Kroos and Modric have been the stalwarts for RM. And they got subbed for young, hungry players who changed the game. While I’ll agree that RM have way better depth than we ever have. I do think our rotation has been a problem since the Poch years. Our top players are too locked in to their place, even when struggling for form or fitness. Ex Kane starting against Pool. But there are many other examples. We have to create a better squad wide competitiveness and that nobody is untouchable.

Love Conte and we are lucky to have him but watching RM v City last night had me thinking. Ancelotti subs off Kroos and Modric when chasing a goal. Subs off Benzema at the end. Not sure if someone like Conte makes those subs. Kroos and Modric have been the stalwarts for RM. And they got subbed for young, hungry players who changed the game. While I’ll agree that RM have way better depth than we ever have. I do think our rotation has been a problem since the Poch years. Our top players are too locked in to their place, even when struggling for form or fitness. Ex Kane starting against Pool. But there are many other examples. We have to create a better squad wide competitiveness and that nobody is untouchable.

Literally just answerd your own question there.

grealish has wasted 2 goals after those subs.
with a 2-0 nobody would have praised ancelotti for those subs, that's destiny

Love Conte and we are lucky to have him but watching RM v City last night had me thinking. Ancelotti subs off Kroos and Modric when chasing a goal. Subs off Benzema at the end. Not sure if someone like Conte makes those subs. Kroos and Modric have been the stalwarts for RM.
Are you serious?!
Are you comparing our bench with Ancelotti's???!!

We only have one striker, we don't have one decent left or right wing back. Attacking players of Lucas and Berg are rubbish. Our starting XI is mish mash. Who can Conte bring on to make an impact to compare him to Ancelotti?

I have to say that Conte, despite being a great manager, has a few questions hanging over him. Is he a one-trick pony in his attacking style, for instance.
But regardless of how this season pans out, if we go into next season holding on to Kane and with Conte at the helm I shall be looking forward to it with great optimism and excitement.

I still think that Conte and Spurs go together like a beer and a couple more….

No, this is not true, he wants to leave for PSG.

If he leaves, we know why. Put the fucking money where your mouth is Levy, risk more and earn the rewards. This is the way nowadays.

We were told a new stadium means more money to spend on transfers and wages. Do as you promised. SPEND THE FUCKING MONEY!

MfgA2i4UjOq6.gif

Conte said in press conference that they had not even spoken about it. Just Media talk. You cannot put 6/8 players in the first 11 without major disruption anyway. If the number includes No2 GK andBU striker then 4/6 players at most that play either in first 11 or on rotation is manageable. However I doubt the number is true as Conte is not discussing it yet.

Back
Top Bottom