Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We want Paratici and by all accounts he wants to be here, and yet the contract has not been finalized. These are big and intricate negotiations, and with the window closed and players prepping for the Euros or on vacation there's not a lot of urgency to have it all done right now other than to satisfy a bunch of forum posters with nothing better to do (guilty).

Will we hire Conte? Maybe. Will we not? Maybe. Will it matter in September that we didn't have a manager on June 8th? No, even if we hadn't sacked Mourinho he wouldn't be at Hotspur Way right now.
I mean imagine we had a plan where we had a manager in place who identified players he wanted , we could then go and sign them players and have a full pre season?

what a film
7iT3ty.gif

Player-Manager Luka Modric. More and more people are saying it folks.
Didn't Modric just extend his contract with Real Madrid recently? Breaking his contract with Real Madrid won't be so cheap, for someone who lack coaching experience. Can't see it happening.

Other than Flick, I feel like we would occur to pick the bad one now that all the highly rated German managers found their new clubs. And Flick is very likely to become Germany NT.

I mean imagine we had a plan where we had a manager in place who identified players he wanted , we could then go and sign them players and have a full pre season?
This obsession with having a manager in place early and signing players and having a "full preseason" is really bizarre. Particularly in an off-season with major international tournaments that mean most players will do fuck all until early August at the soonest anyway.

We've had that in the past and done fuck all with it. Clubs have signed key players near deadline day and won trophies.

We don't fail to win trophies in April and May because we didn't have the full squad doing keepies in Enfield in July. "Get them in early and have a full preseason" is just one of those vague bullshit lines parroted by talking heads and supporters. If you appointed Guardiola and signed Mbappe, Haaland, and VVD on August 31st, I think you'd still win a fucking trophy.

Back
Top Bottom