Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are in a bad situation right now, losing game after game, but I don't think we should or can afford to bin the manager.
In times past we would have, but as of this moment, I'm not sure who is out there that would do better.
Think we may have to face up to the fact that it could be a painful season.
I can see us bombing out of all the cups quite meekly, and as for top four that could be a problem too.
Fortunately the WC is upon us and it probably can't come soon enough.

He’s trolling the board at this point with the lack of rotation.

We best spend big in January, not sure Daniel will like post WC valuations though.
Spend big to appease a manager who looks like he's eyeing up his next job already?

Here's an idea, get him to sign a 6 year contract, after that you can let that idiot Paratici loose with the Tesco clubcard

I wonder if levy will back conte in january. He must be having doubts.
I don't think he can if circumstances stay the same. He has to offer him a contract to stay on and get him atleast 2 first team defenders in Jan otherwise I think the experiment is done and he's off come the end of the season.

People are quite unbelievable tbh.

Wtf could he actually rotate yesterday (bar Spence). Kulu and Richi couldn't start, our defenders are all fucking shit, he started Skipp and Bissouma, Gil is fucking weak as fuck and not good enough and Lucas was injured.

Until we replace the mistake riddled jokers (Lloris, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, Royal) nothing is going to change regardless of who is managing us.

racking up 5 minutes at the end of games isnt the same. he only gets more than 5 minutes when conte has thrown the towel in, hell get 20 minutes with no real firepower and a bunch of donkeys at the back. thats not fair
Nah, not saying it's an easy challenge, but I have a hard time seeing he's going to make it as a regular starter in the PL. Too easy to push over, and his positioning all over the place at times.

Would love to be wrong though, seems like a very cool and likeable guy.

That said, yesterdays game should have been the game to get gametime for the runner ups, Gil included. We ended up with cup exit running down the same players as normal. Still pissed off..

Muhahahhaahahaahaha Conte rotate most of the players. He had given a chance to everyone, excluding Spence, but there is a reason for that.
Are people blind or just hate for the sack of it???

Last edited:
Muhahahhaahahaahaha Conte rotate most of the players. He had given a chance to everyone, excluding Spence, but there is a reason for that.
Are people blind or just hate for the sack of ot???
He played the same shitty way with the majority of the first team playing. His tactics aren't working with these players he needs to change something to get more from the squad.

He played the same shitty way with the majority of the first team playing. His tactics aren't working with these players he needs to change something to get more from the squad.
Who the hell he should have played, tell me names???? Doherty started, Biss started, Lenglet started, Sess started, Skipp started, Sanchez stared, Forster started, they are not our usual 11s.
This are 7 players, can you even count??? 7 out of 11.

Last edited:
why was Skipp playing as attacking midfielder he was in that position a few weeks ago and was poor and subbed at half time, Skipp is not an attacking midfielder

Was really looking forward to what he can do. But watching us is honestly waaay worse than watching the austrian Bundesliga. And that says a lot. I am still hoping that we play that way due to the WC and the second half of the season will be better, but for now watching us is horrible.

I'm not actively Conte out by any means, but with what has been served up on the pitch this season, and his stubborn insistence on choosing Emerson Royal no matter what, he can go now or at the end of the season for all I care, I wouldn't shed any tears.

Before he came I thought he was exactly the sort of character to sort out our weak mentality and poor attitude when the chips are down, to do what I had previously thought Mourinho could, but the apathy shown by the players repeatedly and for sustained periods this season suggest that even he is not the right guy for that task.

If we're not going to win stuff then I'd rather at least enjoy the football that I can't stop myself from sitting through. I don't care for this talk that he needs more transfer windows, more backing from the board, a Bastoni, a Hakimi etc. Lacking these players is no excuse for the dross that has been on display this season.

Somehow we have regressed, we had some abysmal performances last year, the string of defeats including Wolves and Southampton at home was my worst feeling under Conte, but that was fleeting, this is now sustained and he shows no signs of changing things.

I can accept that the forward line has been depleted by injury of late, but that doesn't excuse away the entire team playing like shit.

As I said to begin with, I wouldn't be shedding any tears if he departed, not until we announce the glorious return of a previous manager as his replacement anyway...

:nunothumb:

Has nobody not though that he’s not that bothered really because he would walk into another job in the summer. Everybody knows about the Tottenham job

doesn't look like a man who isn't bothered to me.

Its more logical that he isn't bothered about the League cup in regards to the league and CL. we'll see how he treats the FA Cup in the very burdensome season

you can question he's tactics and his methods definitely, but talk of him not caring i disagree with completely

Who the hell he should have played, tell me names???? Doherty started, Biss started, Lenglet started, Sess started, Skipp started, Sanchez stared, Forster started, they are not our usual 11s.
This are 7 players, can you even count??? 7 out of 11.
Lenglet,bissouma and sess have played enough to be considered a starting player. He should of played a back 4 started sarr,gil,richarlison,spence atleast. 0 goals in the first half of 8 games running is criminal. He's too defensive with a team that is shit at defending. Conte is not showing he is an elite manager right now he's showing like Jose that he can only do well when you sign him 40m players left right and centre. He's being found out right now in this league and he needs to do something to change that and last night was the perfect opportunity to do that but he stuck to the same old shit.

Back
Top Bottom