Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reaction GIF by moodman
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

When you are as poorly run as us and a top manager with success at multiple stops wants to bring in his guys you need to listen and think about the fact that he has had success and we have not.

Plus where are any reports that he wanted to sack half the club staff? It seems like he wanted to bring in 7 of his people which is not a lot at all.

Again where are the reports that he wanted to have a huge budget?

Why are people inventing possibilities that not only aren't supported but also go against what is reported? What has Levy done to earn the benefit of the doubt to say he is the reasonable one in this case? What has Conte done to say that he is the one in the wrong?

I have no idea how people can defend Levy almost as if he has this brilliant staff in place that has brought us some amazing success.

If you love this club you wanted Conte and his staff in over Levys shit coaches and yes men. Period.

I have no idea how people can defend Levy almost as if he has this brilliant staff in place that has brought us some amazing success.

If you love this club you wanted Conte and his staff in over Levys shit coaches and yes men. Period.
Levy would be absolutely justified in focusing on finding a setup that would follow the club’s project, if the club’s project weren’t farcical, cynical dogshit

I'd like to see the list of players Conte was asking for.

Hopefully it will leaked to a hack.

Then we'll have a better idea of Loco Conte's masterplan for winning the PL with the famous Spurs....
The most mind boggling thing with Conte is, most followers of football know he is demanding, he has an expectation for his service, which of late is probably up there with the best in the business. I foolishly thought Levy going after him MUST mean there is a sign of intent but no.

We approach currently probably the best domestic league manager there is and tell him, "We have a project for you, its a task if you will. You get us top four, with no money, our best player wanting to leave and no fucking cheese room, oh but wait do you like golf? We have a full course, what you say Antonio?".

:levystare:

I think the Conte debacle will be the final nail in the coffin for Harry as evidence of the lack of a plan and lack of vision for success and trophies
I don't know if even Conte would have changed is mind, but whether the club will sell him is a different question.

I would be surprised if he's not leading the line for our first match next season. I don't know if that's the right decision for the club, but I think that's the one that will happen.

You know what I'd really like to see?

How much of Tottenham money has gone into real estate the last decade, and how much into pure footballing operations (staff and players). Preferably as a proportion of total revenue for each.

Then I'd like to see a similar comparison to other EPL mainstay clubs. Not even just top 4. All clubs.

That will show us if they truly give a shit about football. It's fairly clear they don't, but that is evidence.

I'd like to see the list of players Conte was asking for.

Hopefully it will leaked to a hack.

Then we'll have a better idea of Loco Conte's masterplan for winning the PL with the famous Spurs....
I doubt we’ll ever see it - Conte clearly trying to blame Levy (and vice versa) - he wants to look like he sacked it off, and not the other way around.

It’s just as well those two never got together: wouldn’t have lasted the season.

I would have to point out that the sale of youth to date is poor overall, because our academy is really not very good overall. The facilities are very good but it seems that Shity, Chelsea, United etc have the lions share of talent and we have the odd one or two that are ok to good level.

& What did Poch do with youth that Sherwood did not already do ? Reads like I am knocking Poch, but his addition of Winks to the ranks is again only an “ok” move.

I’m pointing out the obvious but if Levy is thinking we have a class of 92 in our ranks he is ever more ridiculous and that is no solution to buying the 3/4 first team squad players we need now.
What did poch do that Sherwood didn't? Made em look half decent for a start didn't he but without the support of levy at key moments with a big signing. At one point we had the youngest team in the prem. Levy was never going to hire Conte.
Yes right now maybe it's not looking great but likes of Skipp might be one to watch at least. But yeah that's about it

Levy probably had zero intention of knowing Conte would sign.

Since I'm no longer surprised by the shenanigans circus of ENIC my own theory is he only keeps interviewing big names in a hope that
1) it keeps us happy
2) it'll make it seem like a attractive job and we can hire someone on the cheap

I’d also love it if there was a complete 180 degree u-turn and we met all of his demands. Unfortunately I think we are both gonna be disappointed

:dawsonmean:

It actually feels like the pressure on Levy could be about to hit a level he's never experienced before.
He's made many bad decisions over the years, but this feels like not only the worst, but the one that has caused the most damage in the shortest amount of time.
In June every rival fan was absolutely fucking shitting themselves that a Conte led Spurs could win the title. and now we're a complete laughing stock.

If Levy isn't aware of that then he's not fit for the role.

He's ballsed up a lot, but this feels genuinely different.
Yeah... it's not great at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if those exact words in that exact order have been written several times already this year alone!!

Thinking ESL, sacking Jose before a cup final and then taking 4 months to find a new manager...

Back
Top Bottom