Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Conte would be the best option behind ten Hag. The only thing about Conte is that he seems to have a 2 year shelf life because he's an absolutely lunatic. Is if its him we are going to be back at this in 2 years. If he does come, it'll be with a promise of financial backing, so the squad will likely be better than he found it.

The manager who can take the remnants of this year's team and bring them to the Champions League level without having the finances to bring in costly roster fixes probably doesn't exist, whether it is Conte or anyone else whose name has been floated. Levy is painted into a corner. He has to make a hire and transfers which will convince Harry Kane to stay around and he has to stay afloat financially until attendance returns to normal and revenue streams begin to grow again. Levy can make the team more entertaining to watch by hiring a manager with a more possession oriented style but there's nobody out there who can take players who failed two successive managers and make them winners. I predict you'll get Dele Alli and Gareth Bale back but ultimately lose Kane when the team sinks into what they look to be on their way to becoming. The Spurs will be more expressive offensively next season but I don't see that translating into more wins. Mourinho didn't produce so they moved him on. Fine. But until the players who failed Mourinho, and Ponchettino before him, are also sent away things will not change for the better.

LOL, The fans behind you? Booed of at half time in the only home game with fans
To be fair to Ryan, he didn't say they felt the fans WERE behind them, he just said they felt the fans behind them.

giphy.gif

I think Conte would be the best option behind ten Hag. The only thing about Conte is that he seems to have a 2 year shelf life because he's an absolutely lunatic. Is if its him we are going to be back at this in 2 years. If he does come, it'll be with a promise of financial backing, so the squad will likely be better than he found it.
I would take Conte over ten Hag.

We need someone to whip this club into shape. Ten Hag might be overly accustomed to the well oiled machine that is Ajax running mostly by itself.

If conte signs, watch levy rock up with a head full of hair at the first home match

Real Madrid bound although he may not suit their style of play.

And people need to note that if Levy is talking a return to our football philosophy he can hardly mean Conte.

Would not be my first choice on playing terms but undoubtedly has winning credentials.

LOL, The fans behind you? Booed of at half time in the only home game with fans
They booed the team not mason. They've got two managers sacked as much I hated Jose. This is on them. Mason played his mates with winks and dier but also gave bale and Dele a run. Give him a fucking break

Real Madrid bound although he may not suit their style of play.

And people need to note that if Levy is talking a return to our football philosophy he can hardly mean Conte.

Would not be my first choice on playing terms but undoubtedly has winning credentials.
Do you think we are being used as leverage by Conte to get the Madrid job, personally I would take him as he is a proven outstanding coach but the drawback is he needs backing.

The problem is, he's got Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, Aurier and Regi (flaky defender) to work with. Unless we bring him in and there's a complete overhaul on defense, it won't be much better than what Mou did.

They are shit.

Regi has room for dev, Dier has (foolish) hope for sentimental reasons.

The rest are finished or shit.

Realistically we only have Japhet, Rodon, to build on.

Back
Top Bottom