Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s always Kplop or Peppa that moans about our supposed “anti-football”.

They are two of the strongest teams in the world at the moment and have invested heavily. If they can’t outsmart, and team can’t outperform ours, it’s says more about them than us.

When we play low block teams and don’t get the result, thank god Conte and us fans don’t bitch about the other team’s tactics.

Make me proud to be a Spurs fan.

other clubs don’t have issues. We give Conte a decent transfer budget and all the money from sales the reputation alone of Conte will bring in players.

After yesterday’s performance we must keep him and back him

It was a tactical masterclass against one of the best teams in the world on there own shitheap with several sub standard players who played their hearts out and each knew exactly what he had to do

Before the game like many on here I was fearing the worst but today I’m disappointed that we didn’t win it and fuck their title challenge up for good but as it is I can’t see them winning the PL and I hope Real M thrash them in the CL final

I watched the game in a pub next to a young (20ish) scouser. Real scouser, squeaky accent.
2nd half all I can hear is ‘We always find a way’.
full time whistle and I had to go
’Ain’t funny ya know’.
it was wasted. He had tears in his eyes.
Nice fella. smug sanctimonious smile on my face.
Fuck em all

At various points this season, I have wanted some of our players thrown off the skywalk, especially wing backs.

One striking thing about Conte compared to Mourinho is that he really has never thrown the players under the bus. Almost to the point of stubbornness, he will persist with them. And it must have given all of the players a lot of respect for him.

And I think it shows that Conte really backs himself and his methods. I feel like when Jose felt some pressure, he'd change the lineup, change the tactics. And at that point, his players lost faith. It didn't work.
Agree.

Conte has stuck to his system and principles. Under Jose and Nuno in recent times the team/tactics changed every week no matter whether we won or lost. Get Conte a few more players and he can be brilliant for us.

with the europa league partecipation, it will be difficult to buy important players
we need a miracle and finish in the top 4

I think Conte without top 4 is a bigger draw than Nuno with CL for players. Especially ones from our hunting grounds which is Italy.

Tony is saying all the right things lately in regards to staying. No doubt the media will try their best to unsettle the team but they'll do that regardless.

It’s always Kplop or Peppa that moans about our supposed “anti-football”.

They are two of the strongest teams in the world at the moment and have invested heavily. If they can’t outsmart, and team can’t outperform ours, it’s says more about them than us.

When we play low block teams and don’t get the result, thank god Conte and us fans don’t bitch about the other team’s tactics.

Make me proud to be a Spurs fan.
Didn't Pep moan about our long ball goals and then Conte showed both our goals came from many passes?

other clubs don’t have issues. We give Conte a decent transfer budget and all the money from sales the reputation alone of Conte will bring in players.

Agree. The difference in EL or CL to who we buy is minimal. We aren’t going to spend prize and tv money until it’s in our bank account so it won’t effect our summer transfer plans. What will is the £150m from stadium income we never had before.

I think Conte without top 4 is a bigger draw than Nuno with CL for players. Especially ones from our hunting grounds which is Italy.

Tony is saying all the right things lately in regards to staying. No doubt the media will try their best to unsettle the team but they'll do that regardless.

I just worry about Kane agitating again. Buy who’s gonna buy him and levy won’t sell. We just don’t need the circus again.

After yesterday’s performance we must keep him and back him

It was a tactical masterclass against one of the best teams in the world on there own shitheap with several sub standard players who played their hearts out and each knew exactly what he had to do

Before the game like many on here I was fearing the worst but today I’m disappointed that we didn’t win it and fuck their title challenge up for good but as it is I can’t see them winning the PL and I hope Real M thrash them in the CL final
He is essentially managing with a handicap cos Sess, PEH and Benta couldn't anything but block shots and kick it out for another wave of attacks.

Kane was also jogging for most of the game, and losing simple duels.

Didn't Pep moan about our long ball goals and then Conte showed both our goals came from many passes?
If I remember correctly, he was bitching about how we just sat back and waited for a counter.

Conte then basically showed a goal that we got playing it from Lloris and then said sarcastically “this is a counter attack” or something along those lines.

I love when he claps back, but does it with such class.

maybe dumb question (or not) .... there is a chance Conte walks next year? i can live with 0-5%, but any one think theres a very good chance he would?

Back
Top Bottom