Anyone can win this title 20 -21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have said it for a while now and i people have taken it as a joke , but I think we can win it this year , if we can get a bit of luck with injuries then It’s there for us , The Chelsea game will give us a good indication of where we are at in 4 games time

I hate myself for daring to dream....... But its going to be a hell of a season.

Fans aren't there to influence/encourage/12th man etc.

Games will come thick and fast.

We've rarely been in such a strong position. This year is going to all be about squad depth. And we have it in spades.

We just violated Utd with Lo Celso, Bale and Bergwijn not even on the bus. I've never felt so confident in our chances.

If we sign the CB we want then yes we can win the title this season (no doubt it would get cancelled due to Covid to stop us).

who is stronger than us?
Agree. We need a real dominant, dependable CB as currently that backline has too many errors in it. If we can get that, stay relatively injury free, a title challenge is not absurd. Top 4 is definitely on for sure now.

Let's not actually kid ourselves. Liverpool will still win the title but I feel the top 4 this season will be incredibly unpredictable. Looks like Everton have a great chance of getting top 4 this season.

Liverpool still the bookies favourite - best priced 6/4.

Liverpool 6/4
City 13/8
Chavs 16/1
Everton 18/1
Tottenham 22/1
Woolwich 30/1
Utd 55/1
Leicester 75/1

If we sign the CB we want then yes we can win the title this season (no doubt it would get cancelled due to Covid to stop us).

who is stronger than us?
It's such a mad season that it might not be about who is the strongest that wins it. Seriously when Leicester can go to City and wnd win 5-2 and Villa can thrash Liverpool 7-2 something weird is going on

Thankfully we have Jose and his mentality in charge of us. He should keep us up there within a shout

Why I think we got a chance:

1 Dippers and City are showing some cracks to say the least, and will not get as many points as in the last two season. Far from it

2 None of the other teams can improve much , although some of them (especially dippers and city have still a lot of quality)

3 We have reached a tremendous level of mental strength, and it's embedded in us now. There is no way back from what we have shown this week

4 We are very effective and can beat anyone. Not just. Now the players are playing as if they are expecting to beat everyone

5 We are at 60-70% of our potential. PEH is becoming a boss, and we have hardly started to see him with GLC and Ndombele together yet. Am I forgetting anything? Oh, yes: Bale hasn't kicked a single ball yet. None of the other teams have the same margin of improvement

6 We are managed by a master of the game in every respect, and now I can see that he and the team are working and thinking as one. The squad plays as if they were him, and he works as if he understands and knows everything about the squad

7 Squad depth

8 Dippers are suffering the lack of crowds more than anybody else (ok, debatable, this one)

Our defence can be a bit of a worry, and who knows what happens with injuries, also it's very early stage, but I think we got a chance

I am curious to see where we will be after the next four games, all more than winnable

Watching MOTD for the first time in a very long time.

Watching the highlights and listening to Shearer and Jenas, I can't help thinking IF Bale is half the player he was when he left we are going to do some serious stuff this season (I mean winning trophies).

Back
Top Bottom