Anyone can win this title 20 -21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We should be salivating at how this season is shaping up. We have had probably the best window and we should be thereabouts come the end of the season with a bit of luck staying injury-free. Our attacking options will frighten any defense this year and we are very solid in every other position.

£5 E/W.
plwinners.jpg

Before the season started I saw that we were 50/1 to win it, so I thought "let's put 20quid on it, you never know..." . I am looking forward to know now :tobyarm:

Great thread.

I think we can win it. I said it when we signed Reguilón. Of course, we are still underdogs - the main reason being the CB position. But there are many stories waiting to happen this season.

In our case, Bale will come into the team, which is mostly great, though we will need to make some adaptations. Another big risk now is having no proper backup to Hojbjerg - the new "backup striker problem"; Sissoko or Winks could do a job, but it wouldn´t be the same, especially against top sides. And by the way, I´m just being boring here, but I don´t like the fact that we are already considered main favourites to win the Europa League - even if it´s true.

It will be a crazy season - blood in the streets -, but I don´t see Tottenham players losing focus even without the public. I shouldn´t say it, but I don´t see us losing by 6.

We are in the best possible place in the middle of this mess.

Last edited:
I think we have a shot. One thing that really encourages me is that Mourinho looks and sounds genuinely happy with the squad. Usually when he's happy his teams win the league.

I think we have a shot. One thing that really encourages me is that Mourinho looks and sounds genuinely happy with the squad. Usually when he's happy his teams win the league.
Equally, the squad seem happy with him. It looks like one is the extension of the other and they all work as one. I love the body language I am seeing now on the pitch, a nice combination of brutality when they play and happiness/brotherhood when they score

Equally, the squad seem happy with him. It looks like one is the extension of the other and they all work as one. I love the body language I am seeing now on the pitch, a nice combination of brutality when they play and happiness/brotherhood when they score
It's good to see. Nothing convinces players more that their manager's on the right track than winning. Didn't Fergie say something like that? Getting results like Chelsea and Utd early has really helped the belief.

As for our rivals:

Liverpool have a great first 11 but are still vulnerable to injuries in key positions. They were lucky with that last year and have already shown the drop off with Alisson and Mane out this week. They won't be quite as hungry either, and that matters given Klopp's high energy pressing style. Remember his last year at Dortmund. Will the players keep up the intensity? Not a given, but they can probably drop off a bit and still win the league.

With Guardiola I feel things are looking a bit stale. And the squad isn't quite as good. Silva has gone, Aguero is playing less, Fernandinho is old.

Chelsea should be good, but they have a lot of new players to integrate, problems in defence.

Everton have been fast out of the traps. They have the advantage of no European games. They could conceivably do a Leicester, but I think the goals will dry up a bit. Calvert Lewin is good and on a hot steak but I don't think he'll have a 25 goal season. Still l think they have a good chance of top 4.

Let’s take it one game at a time. If we’re in the mix come January we can talk about the title. We played well in the last 3 games but there is still a lot to improve.

What's the point of being a fan if you won't let yourself dream.

I say dream. Dream BIG!!
Too many people are afraid to dream. There is this sort of unconscious superstition, like "let's not name it, otherwise it won't happen". Bollocks. One thing is expecting to win and been devastated if we don't; the other is to surrender to the fact that we are fucking good, and we will become even better

Dream big, and enjoy dreaming big!

If you dream defeat, you are defeated twice: every time you have thoughts of defeat and when defeat actually happens

Jason Cundy (They got the first three letters of his surname correct but missed off the 'T')

What a prick !

I know he is Chelsea through and through, but he did wear our shirt. So I can never quite understand why is he hates us with such a passion. I'm no Palpatine but I can feel the hatred flow inside him when it comes to us.

You would have thought he would have a tiny bit of affection as he did play for us.

Peculiar but then that's Chelsea cunts for you I guess.

Jason Cundy (They got the first three letters of his surname correct but missed off the 'T')

What a prick !
Well he is making one sound point, Liverpool is a 100pts/season team, it's not enough that we pick 80 pts, we need to be ordinally first, and for that, we need Liverpool to dip (pun intended). 2016\17 would have got us a title in some seasons but not that one, so we need to look at competitors because that's the read obstacle to winning the title.
Everton, Villa, Leeds, whoever can play nice football but they are 1-2 pivotal injuries away from losing pace real fast. Man utd are all over, City lost, Woolwich aren't there, and Chelsea is a wild card. So unless Liverpool loses a lot of ground this season we will have a hard time translating good form to first place

Not anyone can win this year's title but my belief is that if any of 6 teams puts in a 10 game stretch with a haul between 26 and 30 points they will really take some catching.

Liverpool and City are still favourites but there are now maybe 3 or 4 other teams who could gain belief from the lack of solidity of those 2

I look at our squad and think we are a player short but we have the manager who will see an opportunity.

The games against West Ham and Burnley will say a lot about us.

Prior to the United game we were hopeful but suddenly and nearly from nowhere we are being touted as outside bets for the title. 4 games in!!

How we handle it is the question. Teams will now sit back. They have no choice. Are we good enough??

Back
Top Bottom