Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Put it in the title then! ;)

No but seriously if your talking former spurs players Graham Roberts has a bit of a habit of posting daft tweets.
I don't dislike the guy although I feel like he does more harm than good with some of his opinions.

Roberts was a proper whole hearted defender who loves Tottenham. He doesn’t strike me as being particularly literate from his tweets but his heart is in the right place. As a fan he probably gets frustrated as much as we do

Gazza. Absolute genius for us. Was heartbroken when he left for Lazio.
Demons aside, the bloke really has made a shambles of his life and with every antic he goes down a little bit more in my estimation.

Yes, I said as much in the Gazza thread a few weeks ago. I genuinely feel for him with his many issues, but his behaviour has been shocking on so many occasions it gets harder to feel sympathy.

Firstly, we were a listed company then and were legally obliged to report any transfer to the stock exchange - not doing so could be seen as insider trading. We reported the transfer to the stock exchange within 24 hours of it happening.

Secondly, he was training and playing with England in the interim period. A player needs to have pretty tight insurance whilst playing internationals, as if they get injured their club team needs to be able to claim for the loss. Neither Spurs or Utd would agree to situation where a transfer were agreed but not completed, you either legally own a player and insure them or you don't.

Thought it was well established that Carrick would have stayed if we matched his salary to Defoes. That useless dick Comoli said "no no no Daniel, save your money, I can get a much better player for half what Man United are offering"

Zokora.
Didier. Fucking. Zokora.

Jennings. I know he is Spurs and thinks of himself as Spurs and I realise that the board treated him badly but it still rankles. I don't think of him in the same way as other Spurs legends.
He could never do wrong in my book, got Northern Ireland to two World Cups almost single handedly...

Berbatov for me.

Yes he sulked like a spoilt brat and I took my son, who idolised him, to Middlesbrough for what was going to be his last game for us
When he eventually deigned to come on he spent most of the time standing in the centre circle fiddling with his headband!
Modric got kicked early on and wasn’t interested
That fat cunt Mido scored and we lost 2-1!
Boro fans were scum throughout spitting at us

My son lost interest in football after that and started watching Rugby League

I honestly couldn’t blame him

Agree to a point about Berbatov but for me Carrick was more of a cunt. Just as we were building a really good rounded team, he fucked off after just 2 seasons. Cunt......

Klinsmann fucking off early also still rankles so fuck him for manager

Don’t act like he never played a bunch of years for the club :avbfacepalm:

I don't understand.
When you want him to act as though he played for us, what do you expect him to do ?
Should he keep talking about Tottenham and paying tribute to them?

How would you feel if Tanguy Ndombele kept talking about Lyon?
Wouldn't that piss you off? Because it would certainly piss me off.

Bale was a great player for us, he went to Real Madrid and we got a world record fee for him.
His commitment should then be towards his new club.

I have no issue with Bale at all.

Alright Jeeezus i'm sorry for not abiding by the TFC official code of conduct

I must be on my best behavior not to protest the hall I mean forum monitors next time.

Beware the Forum policemen 👮‍♂️

Lots of them about!!

Ignorance of any rules that might be broken is no excuse 🧐

Can’t remember mate and can’t be arsed to look but they had to avoid defeat to win the title I think
Henry went and decided to celebrate in front of the Park Lane faithful and some trouble followed

Henry left Woolwich in 2007 and returned briefly in 2012 so this was during Keane's first spell at the club.

And if Woolwich were going for the title then it was definitely before Christmas 2009!

Hmmm... there have been 2 or 3 very negative 'Spurs' threads popping up recently.... (including TWO seperate 'Poch Out' threads!) why is that??

Are we Just all gonna be doom and gloom until we win a trophy... is this where we've settled now...?

Remaining Negative until something else positive happens... it doesn't work like that...
Negativity BREEDS negativity!

Staying positive regardless is SO MUCH tougher to pull off!

But GODDAMIT I'm gonna try!!

I dunno about player, but this is the thread that went down most in my estimations for sure!! This isn't even managing to look back fondly, which is what we all do on occasion when things aren't going so well...
This is trashing that past pleasure too!

I'm off to the retro SPURS photos thread!!

Can you really blame him for leaving when United came calling?
It would be very difficult for any player to turn that down and there's not much the club can do to stand in his way especially when the transfer fee is 5 times what we paid for him 2 years earlier.

Did anyone spot that I was defending a former Tottenham player there (and not for the first time in this thread) rather than 'going after' him?

I think he would have stayed if we'd qualified for the Champions League - only our players all randomly falling ill on the last day of the season prevented that. That game should have been postponed.

It was the Man Utd players that acted like cunts, presenting him with a Utd shirt at England training.

Back
Top Bottom