Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Robbie Keane for skulking off to the dippers, but then coming back after 6 months I think?
It was always his dream I seem to remember him saying but not a big enough dream to actually stay in the dirty hole he dug for himself.... .

Leftfield: George Kevin N'Koudou....

Getting photographed with a Chav shirt on whilst on our books. Fuckwit!

I'm from the Lineker / Gazza era as a youngster.

No ill feeling about how they left the club but both down in their estimation from playing days sadly. Lineker for just being a massive bulb politically and thinking he's some sort of preacher on social media. Gazza for the endless chances he's had and ruined over the years.

I quite liked Robbie and he speaks well of us

Showed tremendous bottle when burying an injury time penalty against the Scum at the Lane when the protests and toys being thrown out of the pram by those wankers went on for several minutes
At the Paxton end as I recall
I really liked him aswell. I definitely don't think he is an ex player to be called a prick. As you said he speaks very fondly of us

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

I find it hard to begrudge a player his international ambitions and it wasn't his responsibility to carry the whole team. We had four other strikers on the books in 03/04 and a whole squad of players who under-achieved. We didn't have a problem scoring goals; we were letting too many in (a cup tie against Man City springs to mind) and that's not the striker's fault.

How much did that Xmas party affect our season? Or even december?

Well, we lost at home to a team who finished 15th three days later...

So, yes, it could very well have been a factor, especially when we were in the top 4 at the time.

But even if it didn't affect results in any way, it is not OK to disregard the manager's express instructions and go behind his back.

When I was a nipper, Lineker was my absolute idol. I was gutted he chose the cash in Japan, and then seeing him care less and less about us, culminating with his joy at Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with us in the ‘Leicester’ season... I understand he’s a Leicester boy but still.

He kept saying that Celtic was his boyhood club but this applied to a lot of teams apparently
That applies to a lot of players I’m a boyhood “Celtic” fan said Roy Keane yet in another thread says he supported us! But anyway it’s what players want you to believe or they think your stupid they’ve signed for a certain club because they supported them, fuck off your only saying that cos you’ve just signed and they’re paying the most! Look at arguably the two best clubs in Europe Barcelona and Madrid now how many people on here know die hard supporters of that two clubs? Chances are one, two at the most and they’ll be kids who’s parents have asked what football strip do you want for your birthday and they’ve told them there the best teams so I’ll buy them that kit! same goes for players you really think Eriksen was kicking a ball about in a park in Denmark with a Madrid kit and Ronaldo (fat one) on the back......no chance.

I'm not trashing the past but there are always players who end up disappointing us in some form or other and I was interested to hear other people's views.

It isn't anything to do with recent results. I would have started this thread if we were top of the table.

As far as Pochettino is concerned, I hope and expect that he will be given time to address the current issues.

And I would much rather have things the way they have been for the last 4 seasons - top 4 each year, our highest league position for over 50 years, a Champions League Final but no silverware - than 4 seasons of mid-table mediocrity and a League Cup.

Back
Top Bottom