Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Firstly, we were a listed company then and were legally obliged to report any transfer to the stock exchange - not doing so could be seen as insider trading. We reported the transfer to the stock exchange within 24 hours of it happening.

Secondly, he was training and playing with England in the interim period. A player needs to have pretty tight insurance whilst playing internationals, as if they get injured their club team needs to be able to claim for the loss. Neither Spurs or Utd would agree to situation where a transfer were agreed but not completed, you either legally own a player and insure them or you don't.

interesting, probably all officially right, but I was at England training sessions ahead of the World Cup ( worked in Germany throughout WC 2006 ) and it was being openly said by some, albeit not Carrick, that he was already going to Man U pending announcement. That’s why I thought it was all done ahead of time.

Robbie Keane. When getting his player of the year award he said he'd stay for us long at the club wanted him and two weeks later was demanding to join Liverpool.

It used to be almost any player that forced a move away.

But Eriksen is being such an utter dick while still here, he can go fuck himself.

I'm probably in a minority of one, but I didn't care that Keane left. He was finished by then and nearly £20m was way too much to turn down.
Evidenced by his failure at Liverpool and never really being great for us again after coming back.

In all honesty I can't hate players for wanting to join massive clubs and win trophies, like Bale and Modric or players who didnt want to stick with a mid table team like we were in the 90s but Carr, Keane, Berbatov and Campbell can all go fuck themselves.

Back
Top Bottom