Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He kept saying that Celtic was his boyhood club but this applied to a lot of teams apparently
That applies to a lot of players I’m a boyhood “Celtic” fan said Roy Keane yet in another thread says he supported us! But anyway it’s what players want you to believe or they think your stupid they’ve signed for a certain club because they supported them, fuck off your only saying that cos you’ve just signed and they’re paying the most! Look at arguably the two best clubs in Europe Barcelona and Madrid now how many people on here know die hard supporters of that two clubs? Chances are one, two at the most and they’ll be kids who’s parents have asked what football strip do you want for your birthday and they’ve told them there the best teams so I’ll buy them that kit! same goes for players you really think Eriksen was kicking a ball about in a park in Denmark with a Madrid kit and Ronaldo (fat one) on the back......no chance.

When I was a nipper, Lineker was my absolute idol. I was gutted he chose the cash in Japan, and then seeing him care less and less about us, culminating with his joy at Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with us in the ‘Leicester’ season... I understand he’s a Leicester boy but still.

What I thought was strange about Lineker was the way he reacted to Messi's free kick against Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final.

Admiring it is understandable, it was an amazing free kick, but he actually celebrated it!!

Lineker was a great goalscorer but I think he's a dick.
The same applies to Garth Crooks.
What a twat that man is.

Last edited:
Hmmm... there have been 2 or 3 very negative 'Spurs' threads popping up recently.... (including TWO seperate 'Poch Out' threads!) why is that??

Are we Just all gonna be doom and gloom until we win a trophy... is this where we've settled now...?

Remaining Negative until something else positive happens... it doesn't work like that...
Negativity BREEDS negativity!

Staying positive regardless is SO MUCH tougher to pull off!

But GODDAMIT I'm gonna try!!

I dunno about player, but this is the thread that went down most in my estimations for sure!! This isn't even managing to look back fondly, which is what we all do on occasion when things aren't going so well...
This is trashing that past pleasure too!

I'm off to the retro SPURS photos thread!!

I'm not trashing the past but there are always players who end up disappointing us in some form or other and I was interested to hear other people's views.

It isn't anything to do with recent results. I would have started this thread if we were top of the table.

As far as Pochettino is concerned, I hope and expect that he will be given time to address the current issues.

And I would much rather have things the way they have been for the last 4 seasons - top 4 each year, our highest league position for over 50 years, a Champions League Final but no silverware - than 4 seasons of mid-table mediocrity and a League Cup.

Modric, Eriksen, Rose, and Keane I don't really fancy anymore for their shite attitude, but Berbatov really disappointed me. I honestly thought he would have been even more incredible for us had he stayed. And him going to United was even worse. Nuff said for Campbell.

What I thought was strange about Lineker was the way he reacted to Messi's free kick against Liverpool in the Champions League semi-final.

Admiring it is understandable, it was an amazing free kick, but he actually celebrated it!!

The same applied to Garth Crooks.
What a twat that man is.
Cant vouch for crooks as a player due to age, but as a pundit hes spouts some absolute bollocks.

Possibly Redknapp, the end really tarnished my image of him.

Modric, Eriksen, Rose, and Keane I don't really fancy anymore for their shite attitude, but Berbatov really disappointed me. I honestly thought he would have been even more incredible for us had he stayed. And him going to United was even worse. Nuff said for Campbell.
And Rose, forgot about him.

I'm not trashing the past but there are always players who end up disappointing us in some form or other and I was interested to hear other people's views.

It isn't anything to do with recent results. I would have started this thread if we were top of the table.

As far as Pochettino is concerned, I hope and expect that he will be given time to address the current issues.

And I would much rather have things the way they have been for the last 4 seasons - top 4 each year, our highest league position for over 50 years, a Champions League Final but no silverware - than 4 seasons of mid-table mediocrity and a League Cup.
You seem to love trashing the past and players that performed very well for spurs. Why can't you remember how good they were for us at the time?
Sure we probably were all pissed off at the time with the way certain players acted but i ain't letting it affect the good times they gave us

What's your next thread going to be
Michael Dawson was he a cunt?
Or
Was Lennon the shit Theo Walcott?
Always got an issue with ex spurs players

You seem to love trashing the past and players that performed very well for spurs. Why can't you remember how good they were for us at the time?
Sure we probably were all pissed off at the time with the way certain players acted but i ain't letting it affect the good times they gave us

What's your next thread going to be
Michael Dawson was he a cunt?
Or
Was Lennon the shit Theo Walcott?
Always got an issue with ex spurs players

And it seems like you have a few issues of your own...

The same applied to Garth Crooks.
What a twat that man is.

Fat cunt to boot 🥾
I always remember Crooks as a bottler too
Hit him once early on in a game and he didn’t want to know for the rest of it unlike his strike partner Archibald who i loved

Henry left Woolwich in 2007 and returned briefly in 2012 so this was during Keane's first spell at the club.

And if Woolwich were going for the title then it was definitely before Christmas 2009!

Fuck me I didn’t realise it was that far back!!

Jumpers for goalposts eh?
Um?

No issues with ex spurs players that did well for us at all DT

DT?

Over my head too I think

Changing the subject but I heard on Talkshite that Troopz is mates with Aubamayang and they text each other

Really?

Troopz is a cunt

Well
DT?

Over my head too I think

Changing the subject but I heard on Talkshite that Troopz is mates with Aubamayang and they text each other

Really?

Troopz is a cunt
He dislikes our ex players so much he might be dt for all i know. I am sure he would of preferred wiltourd playing for us instead of keane
All he does is slag off ex spurs
Yeah i heard that aswell. I can't stand that cunt either

Back
Top Bottom