Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sort of agree with 1882 1882 , lots of negative threads at the moment, but I love a good moan too, so I have a huge list of players who have gone down in my estimation. It doesn't take much for that happen, usually when they bugger off to another club.
Berbatov, Klinsmann, Carr, Keane, Sheringham, Barmby, Modric, Bale, Carrick all spring to mind, and a special mention for our current want-aways - Rose, Eriksen & TA.

Sort of agree with 1882 1882 , lots of negative threads at the moment, but I love a good moan too, so I have a huge list of players who have gone down in my estimation. It doesn't take much for that happen, usually when they bugger off to another club.
Berbatov, Klinsmann, Carr, Keane, Sheringham, Barmby, Modric, Bale, Carrick all spring to mind, and a special mention for our current want-aways - Rose, Eriksen & TA.
Barmby - yeah that one was a downer too at the time. Especially as he chose to go to Boro.

Robbie Keane for skulking off to the dippers, but then coming back after 6 months I think?
It was always his dream I seem to remember him saying but not a big enough dream to actually stay in the dirty hole he dug for himself.... .

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Sheringham didn't deserve the stick he got from us when he left for Man United. He had given us five years' fantastic service and it was increasingly clear that Lord Sugar had no ambition for the club and if things had stayed the same after 96/97 we would have just dragged him down with us. It had got to the point where there was nothing more he could do for us.

If anything, his departure did us good because it forced Sugar to get his wallet out and sign Ginola and Ferdinand. The funny thing is that Sheringham would have been willing to stay if Sugar signed Paul Ince but, at the time, Sugar wasn't prepared to pay £4m for a 30 year old (we had to wait until Newcastle had him over a barrel for that).

If you want someone to blame for Sheringham's departure, our short-sighted and pig-headed former chairman is a good place to start.

Sorry,fat fingers!! Richard Gough leaving after one season ,86/87,really disappointed me.To this day he remains the finest centre half I have ever seen play for the club (sorry Ledley).That he chose to return north of the border to Rangers shows what a different era that was.

Never ever understood the anger at Kanoute for playing in the '04 AFCON. FIFA had only changed the rule that year which made him eligible, it's not like he had been turning down Mali callups.

And it was a major international tournament, which he had never had the chance to play in one of, and they very nearly won the whole damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom