Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazza. Absolute genius for us. Was heartbroken when he left for Lazio.
Demons aside, the bloke really has made a shambles of his life and with every antic he goes down a little bit more in my estimation.

Gazza. Absolute genius for us. Was heartbroken when he left for Lazio.
Demons aside, the bloke really has made a shambles of his life and with every antic he goes down a little bit more in my estimation.

Yes, I said as much in the Gazza thread a few weeks ago. I genuinely feel for him with his many issues, but his behaviour has been shocking on so many occasions it gets harder to feel sympathy.

Robbie Keane was one of my favourite Tottenham players (in his first spell) but I lost all respect for him after he went behind Redknapp's back, organised the Christmas party in Dublin and then for the defiance he showed towards Redknapp in the aftermath. This undoubtedly led to him going to Celtic on loan shortly afterwards.

What made it worse for me was that Tottenham were clearly going places under Redknapp and I would have thought the players would have shown Redknapp more respect, particularly Keane who instigated the whole thing.

I now view Robbie Keane as an absolute prick, a complete turnaround in my opinion of him.

Another was Freddie Kanoute for the way he fucked off mid-season to the African Cup of Nations to play for Mali (who he had NEVER played for before - he couldn't get into the France squad) at a time when we were in desperate trouble in the League and he was the only person scoring goals for us.
His actions could have got us relegated.

My dad's choice would be Mike England because he said he turned his back on Tottenham when they were struggling.
Although this was before my time, I'd tend to disagree with this.
England was struggling with injuries at the time and left English football altogether. If he was fit and had joined another top flight side that would have been different.

I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions on Mike England leaving Tottenham.

Story was he didn't get a testimonial but Gilzean did, even though England had been at the club 10 years and Gilly hadn't.

As a kid, Teddy.

Modric was dead to me as soon as he talked about joining a ‘big club’ like Chelsea. Fucking rodent-faced wanker.

Chiriches has the honour of going down in my estimation before kicking a ball for us. His thick agent saying that joining us was a stepping stone to his dream move to Chelsea. Actively hated him when he was with us.

Dele’s doing a good job of completely squandering his talent. If he keeps this up he’ll probably get my vote.

Berbatov, Keane, Modric, Walker
Pick one. Out of those - Berba. Maybe softened by the fact that Levy tore ManUre a new one in the deal but more his flip flop allegiance now he's some kind of Ambassador. Modric / Walker always thought we were the stepping stone but gave it everything to make us better and so it proved. Keane didn't leave us wanting. He wasn't in the league of the two others and only left for his boyhood club. And then came back.

Soldado.

And not because he as a player let us down but I believed 100% that he was the solution at the time. He was so fu*king good in both link up and finishing. I think a better finisher than Kane. Just as good when dropping into the 10. but nothing went his way. Not a goddamn thing.

Just pure bad luck that echoes with Janssen (with less talent).

It made me angry with football.

Let us know why. Cheers.

Firstly, we were a listed company then and were legally obliged to report any transfer to the stock exchange - not doing so could be seen as insider trading. We reported the transfer to the stock exchange within 24 hours of it happening.

Secondly, he was training and playing with England in the interim period. A player needs to have pretty tight insurance whilst playing internationals, as if they get injured their club team needs to be able to claim for the loss. Neither Spurs or Utd would agree to situation where a transfer were agreed but not completed, you either legally own a player and insure them or you don't.

Firstly, we were a listed company then and were legally obliged to report any transfer to the stock exchange - not doing so could be seen as insider trading. We reported the transfer to the stock exchange within 24 hours of it happening.

Secondly, he was training and playing with England in the interim period. A player needs to have pretty tight insurance whilst playing internationals, as if they get injured their club team needs to be able to claim for the loss. Neither Spurs or Utd would agree to situation where a transfer were agreed but not completed, you either legally own a player and insure them or you don't.

interesting, probably all officially right, but I was at England training sessions ahead of the World Cup ( worked in Germany throughout WC 2006 ) and it was being openly said by some, albeit not Carrick, that he was already going to Man U pending announcement. That’s why I thought it was all done ahead of time.

Robbie Keane. When getting his player of the year award he said he'd stay for us long at the club wanted him and two weeks later was demanding to join Liverpool.

It used to be almost any player that forced a move away.

But Eriksen is being such an utter dick while still here, he can go fuck himself.

I'm probably in a minority of one, but I didn't care that Keane left. He was finished by then and nearly £20m was way too much to turn down.
Evidenced by his failure at Liverpool and never really being great for us again after coming back.

Thought it was well established that Carrick would have stayed if we matched his salary to Defoes. That useless dick Comoli said "no no no Daniel, save your money, I can get a much better player for half what Man United are offering"

Zokora.
Didier. Fucking. Zokora.

Leftfield: George Kevin N'Koudou....

Getting photographed with a Chav shirt on whilst on our books. Fuckwit!

Back
Top Bottom