Are our players not as good as we think they are?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possibly hearsay and we as fans don't know for sure but we've had 3 players up for grabs/sale from the start of the transfer window and longer yet they are with us! Now the majority are quite happy they are but what's wrong with them why is Rose,Eriksen & Toby still here?

As chubbs said, the window is still open so they might still go. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, they may all be in talks with other clubs.
I suspect they're still here because they're being priced out of a move. Whether that's by their wage demands or the transfer fee. Levy will want as much as possible for them, but nobody is likely to pay big money for someone that only has a year left on their contract.
It may even be the players blocking moves because if they wait they can get a massive signing bonus which they might not get if the buying club has to pay a transfer fee.

Toby and Eriksen are in the awkward situation of having only a year on their contracts but high salary demands. It’s not an attractive proposition for buying clubs when they could get them for free in a year.

Rose is just not as good as some on here think, he has serious fitness issues and is a bit daft. For £25m and nearing 30 nobody is going to be desperate to sign him. There will be options for him but European clubs have another 3 weeks to sign him.

Rose is a headless chicken with fitness issues and suicidal tendencies. Eriksen is too much of a passenger and clubs know this. This is why they are more than willing to wait 1 year to sign him for free instead.

Rose is a headless chicken with fitness issues and suicidal tendencies. Eriksen is too much of a passenger and clubs know this. This is why they are more than willing to wait 1 year to sign him for free instead.

Rose is a headless chicken with fitness issues? That doesn't even make sense.

Also, Rose has suicidal tendencies? I take it you know more about his mental health issues than most?

Danny rose is one of our best players I don’t know how people can’t see this. He has baggage so fucking what he’s human. He might not seem it but he’s very confident and sure of himself on the pitch. He needs to stay

Between Davies and Rose, I've always considered Davies the more consistent defender and Rose the more dynamic attacking fullback. Davies remains consistent defensively but Rose isn't as dynamic as he used to be and quite often relies on drawing fouls from the opposition. His technical ability and decision making in the final third also frequently let us down.

I like Danny and I like his aggression and agro. I wouldn't seek to push him out. But I think Sessegnon is an attacking upgrade for our left hand side, without weakening our defensive game significantly. I'd be happy selling Rose for £20m and getting young Ryan for £30m.

Danny rose is one of our best players I don’t know how people can’t see this. He has baggage so fucking what he’s human. He might not seem it but he’s very confident and sure of himself on the pitch. He needs to stay

I think we overrated him massively he's an above average LB with a couple of very good seasons and a number of average ones, hardly a huge miss if he does leave.

It's not like there is massive movement in the transfer market at the moment..... We have no idea the negotiations that are going on out of the public eye.

To turn this on its head - if we don't end up getting Los Celso, Fernandes or Dyabla for whatever reason and they stay with their respective clubs..... Does that then make them not very good either?

Back
Top Bottom