Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got nothing against Arabs. Why would I? It would be racist.
However, if the question is, "Would you be happy for Spurs to be owned & run by the corrupt, despotic, murderous, evil bastards that are the Saudi Royal Family?", then my answer is no, of course I wouldn't be happy. Why would anyone want to be linked with those c**ts, let alone give them my money?
Son of Mr Byrite is quite bad enough for me.

So would you like to be in the geordies shoes atm?

Iv always said no but unless it happens we will never be able to compete
Sure , the Harrods owner, Al Fayad always seemed like a very decent Arab guy. Terrible what the royal family did to his son. Im sure theres plenty of other rich arabs too who arent part of their terrible governments.

If we got doped to the eyeballs with foreign cash and came to dominate by brute force spending it would be initially mostly joyous but a little bit cheap, and the ratio of the two would travel slowly downward over time. Same as City.

I absolutely despise sport washing, financial doping clubs. The people buying Newcastle are abhorrent, it should not be allowed.

On the flip side, I am very fickle and I would be excited if the scumbags were buying Spurs the title. Winning titles would feel better if done properly, but take what I can get.

I see we’re going through that amusing pantomime of pretending to be morally outraged by the owners of different clubs.
So it's alright for you to judge other people, but it's not okay for other people to have opinions that you disagree with. You're a bloke, aren't you?

No need for super wealthy Arabs or any super wealthy owner pumping in silly money….We just need rid of the two balloons we have, the new stadium proves they haven’t a clue how the world works, and in particular how football works….

How we get that to happen is the million dollar question…..The only way I see is to make them so loathed they walk away….

Sadly we are stuck with these bin lids as there will never be enough loathing towards them and they know it, which is why they just keep fucking us over….

I’d give ENIC one season at Liverpool at best….
Great post.

The way our owners behave and the decisions they make just simply would not be tolerated at a club like Liverpool.

Any Spurs fan who tries to bring their displeasure to match days, where it actually might make a difference, is just laughed and sneered at by a weird cohort of ENIC apologists who try and claim said fans are “worse than Woolwich” fans and whatnot.

It’s sad really, but there’s just too many Spurs fans still who are content with mediocrity to force any kind of ownership change any time soon.

I absolutely despise sport washing, financial doping clubs. The people buying Newcastle are abhorrent, it should not be allowed.

On the flip side, I am very fickle and I would be excited if the scumbags were buying Spurs the title. Winning titles would feel better if done properly, but take what I can get.
By the way, if no one was allowed to financially dope, the dodgy ownership groups would go away.

Two birds with one stone.

Now, doing so in a way that didn’t make the PL an American-style anticompetitive cartel that exists to extract surplus from fans and players would take both creativity and someone other than the capital owners interests being represented. But it could be done.

By the way, if no one was allowed to financially dope, the dodgy ownership groups would go away.

Two birds with one stone

Now, doing so in a way that didn’t make the PL an American-style anticompetitive cartel that exists to extract surplus from fans and players would take both creativity and someone other than the capital owners interests being represented. But it could be done.
In an ideal world that would be amazing, but I don’t see it ever happening. I only see the beautiful game getting worse in the future. Suggestions of the World Cup being every 2 years will come to fruition at some point. I just hope we can win some things whilst I still enjoy football.

We came close to this ourselves very recently.....

For every Newcastle that enters the fray; the prospect of us, Liverpool, Leicester or anyone that has challenged the petro clubs in recent years doing similar again lessens.

Makes me laugh; all the faux-indignation from certain quarters about our involvement in the ESL, but obsolutely no qualms about a bunch of murderous cunts buying Spurs into a 4 team EPL-exclusive super league.
Who said they want murderous cunts as owners? I dont want that but I dont want enic, glorified accountants who only care about making money and dont give a shit about the team.

Who said they want murderous cunts as owners? I dont want that but I dont want enic, glorified accountants who only care about making money and dont give a shit about the team.

Perhaps you don't, but a decent number here have categorically said they'd welcome us being owned by City's lot for example.... They make no secret of the fact.

Sorry my bad..I meant any billonaire owners.I put Arabs cos of what is happening at Newcastle
I think many people assumed you meant 'criminals'. I certainly did (as the Saudi RF are criminals).

There's nothing wrong with billionaires owning football clubs, In fact, it's almost a prerequisite in the Premiership.

Back
Top Bottom