Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It depends who the Arab is I suppose. Or is the question about being owned by all Arabs? We would definitely need a bigger director's box.

I've yet to meet a City or Chelsea fan who'd swap their owners for €NIC.

If Arabs , Russians, Chinese, American, English or any other really really rich people are going to invest billions into an English football team I want it to be mine.

Anyone who says otherwise is either Not Spurs, some Morally superior high horse rider, or an outright hypocrite.

Last edited:
As Joe Lewis is a Jew ....and one may argue that Jews and Arabs are from the same Ethnic group...well, one may also argue that in a way Spurs are owned by Arabs :)

Last edited:
Owners who aren't glorified accountants whose primary concern is building a team which competes for silverware and captures peoples attention with exciting football? I mean, it doesn't sound too bad. Certainly Spurs games would be less of a chore to watch than they have been for a couple of years.

But the success would feel somewhat cheaper if it was straight up purchased. It's not something I wish for, but if it happened I wouldn't stop supporting the club or whatever, if I was going to stop watching football over morality it would've been a long time ago.

I do also disagree that without that kind of interference we can't compete. We'll never be regular title winners without it, but certainly with owners focused more on the football side of things who made the right appointments, we could win a trophy or two and be a team which captures the imagination.

No way, I prefer taking the moral high ground; the ethical approach whilst not winning trophies and making more billions for our overlords instead

If Arabs , Russians, Chinese or anyone else is going to invest billions into an English football team I want it to be mine.

Anyone who says otherwise is either Not Spurs, some Morally superior high horse rider, or an outright hypocrite.

Yeh buts that basically a cheat code, a 100m runner on steroids. The reason why people respect/hate/admire Liverpool is because they built a team under great manager Klopp, backed him and ran the football side of the club really well. They earned their success and they did it themselves.

City no one cares when they win things, even their own fans don’t go to games and barely celebrate their title wins. City and Chelsea you can cost out their success and how much each trophy was.

Liverpool for all the hate is the club I would like us to be, well run, ambitious and and earning their crust. City, Chelsea and now Newcastle are like lotto winners boasting they earned their money, it’s as fake as Trumps hairdo.

Personally I like Arabs as a generalization.
I've been to Israel three times but being honest found the Arabs to be warmer , generous and showed more hospitality to outsiders .
Granted this is only my experience but l do like them.

If Arabs , Russians, Chinese or anyone else is going to invest billions into an English football team I want it to be mine.

Any Korean billionaires out there??

Yeh buts that basically a cheat code, a 100m runner on steroids. The reason why people respect/hate/admire Liverpool is because they built a team under great manager Klopp, backed him and ran the football side of the club really well. They earned their success and they did it themselves.

City no one cares when they win things, even their own fans don’t go to games and barely celebrate their title wins. City and Chelsea you can cost out their success and how much each trophy was.

Liverpool for all the hate is the club I would like us to be, well run, ambitious and and earning their crust. City, Chelsea and now Newcastle are like lotto winners boasting they earned their money, it’s as fake as Trumps hairdo.

We came close to this ourselves very recently.....

For every Newcastle that enters the fray; the prospect of us, Liverpool, Leicester or anyone that has challenged the petro clubs in recent years doing similar again lessens.

Makes me laugh; all the faux-indignation from certain quarters about our involvement in the ESL, but obsolutely no qualms about a bunch of murderous cunts buying Spurs into a 4 team EPL-exclusive super league.

It's conflicting. I know a City supporter (proper Manc, season ticket). City sort of suited him a club, casual but loyal. Obviously incredibly exciting when the money came in, no longer in the shadow of United etc. But when Aguero scored on 94 minutes it just completed football. How could you ever top that? Nowaways I think he's got no more than a passing interest in it all.

We came close to this ourselves very recently.....

For every Newcastle that enters the fray; the prospect of us, Liverpool, Leicester or anyone that has challenged the petro clubs in recent years doing similar again lessens.

Makes me laugh; all the faux-indignation from certain quarters about our involvement in the ESL, but obsolutely no qualms about a bunch of murderous cunts buying Spurs into a 4 team EPL-exclusive super league.

We need to sort out our vision. The decision making on the football side has not been good enough, we could have been Liverpool or close to Liverpool and we let it go. Make no mistake Newcastle over the next few years will make things even worse, 3 clubs with massive squads fuelled by oil.

Back
Top Bottom