Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Be a good time for footballers to make a stand. They rightly take the knee etc. Be nice to see them turn their backs on the blood money.

That said, no government of any colour has sought to reverse UK policy, nor has any opposition party (to my knowledge) firmly pledged to do so. In the case of the NUFC takeover however, an independent body had a chance to draw a line in the desert sand but instead looked the other way.

That much is true, and it's what has left the door open for this type of takeover of a football club. If the Saudis can lobby our governments, they can do the same to other insititutions. Same goes for the Russian oligarchs and Arabs buying up properties in London, when the government is happy for that to continue then it follows that buying up of whatever else is going to be fine too.

One of the reasons we are where we are is people generally don't give a shit about any of this, but now it's affected football some of those people decide they actually care. Well, it's too late now. Regarding football itself, as soon as Abramovich was able to buy Chelsea, it was over. Now it's a game of choose your billionaire owner. And welcome to your winter World Cup in sunny Qatar!

Part of me hopes Newcastle win everything in sight for 5 years straight to underline the absurdity of it all.

Rather you than me....

She's gone from this:

5a132ab3f914c31d008b517e

To this in about a year:

5568.jpg

It'd be like copping off with the fit brunette head alien from from V!
I genuinely don't know why people DO that to themselves!
It looks absurd, and freaky, and honestly, the SAME as every other vanity surgery mash up!
Can they not SEE what the rest of the world can see? ...or maybe it's deeper than that?!🤪

Perhaps you should blame politicians for any war fiasco and not the ordinary soldiers who served in them?

Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow
English is not his first language so could be considered an easy target therefore perhaps show him some consideration?

I do blame the politicians and of course the soldiers didn't make the decision to go into Iraq. But I'd hope the soldiers that were forced to invade and occupy Iraq would at least have the humility to accept it was a disaster and a bad decision- not go on about how they went to Iraq and now the world is safer for their children. What nonsense.

It looks absurd, and freaky, and honestly, the SAME as every other vanity surgery mash up!
Can they not SEE what the rest of the world can see? ...or maybe it's deeper than that?!🤪

Society places very unfair expectations on women when it comes to looks, and many feel they need to turn to surgery in order to live up to that. Especially many women as they get older can feel ashamed for having wrinkles and the like, whereas men don't face that same pressure (in general).

5a132ab3f914c31d008b517e

To this in about a year:

5568.jpg

It'd be like copping off with the fit brunette head alien from from V!
The top one good old Lenny would happily satisfy the lady demands as they usually can't get enough of my sophisticated lothario ways.

The bottom one's gone Hammer House . No chance even at a grab a granny night .
That one's more for " Spider Spurs "or if she is really unlucky that pleasure tourist "outsider".

Last edited:
Society places very unfair expectations on women when it comes to looks, and many feel they need to turn to surgery in order to live up to that. Especially many women as they get older can feel ashamed for having wrinkles and the like, whereas men don't face that same pressure (in general).

Society? Unfair?

Women place unfair expectations on other women - women's magazines, women's makeup, women's fashion, it's not much of a step up from a female baboon spreading her arse to get the top mate.

Most men frankly couldn't care less about 90% of the 'fashion' side of women's appearance ... we will settle for a women who loves us (put up with us) for the sad geezers most of us are, that's far better than a bit of slap or some dodgy cosmetic surgery.

Go to countries where the women don't have the money or the desire to look like mutton dressed up as lamb, you will see some of the most naturally beautiful women on the planet ...

Well this thread has had its twist and turns hasn't it.

Just a thought though; there's always been "owners vs custodians" when it comes to whoa at the top in a club. Personally, I liked to consider people like Levy or The Glazer's or in this case, Mike Ashley as the latter.

Maybe one day the English Law will recognize a 51/49 style of ownership with the fans having 51% control

Society? Unfair?

Women place unfair expectations on other women - women's magazines, women's makeup, women's fashion, it's not much of a step up from a female baboon spreading her arse to get the top mate.

Most men frankly couldn't care less about 90% of the 'fashion' side of women's appearance ... we will settle for a women who loves us (put up with us) for the sad geezers most of us are, that's far better than a bit of slap or some dodgy cosmetic surgery.

Go to countries where the women don't have the money or the desire to look like mutton dressed up as lamb, you will see some of the most naturally beautiful women on the planet ...

There's so much ignorance of patriarchal standards and why women (and men, but again just to a lesser extent) feel the need to change their bodies. It's off topic so I won't go in to it too much .. but wow. It's these kind of outdated attitudes which are the problem.

Well then SOCIETY needs to realise that making women feel like they need to resemble a fucking plastic FISH to blend in, is far worse than a few fucking wrinkles!

Shame on SOCIETY!
But shame some of those women fall for it!

Well then SOCIETY needs to realise that making women feel like they need to resemble a fucking plastic FISH to blend in, is far worse than a few fucking wrinkles!

Shame on SOCIETY!
But shame some of those women fall for it!

Many develop severe mental health issues as a result of poor self esteem issues, and turn to surgical procedures to alleviate this. It doesn't help when many older women who are in the public eye do turn to surgery, and present an unrealistic expectation to others.

There are also such expectations for men (in different areas) which lead to severe mental health issues, it's not a woman only problem.

Massively important to me, I'd lose a lot of love for my team and fot football if we were ever taken over by one of these Oil barons or Oligarth's with blood on their hands and it would make me a massive hyypocrite to support that particular regime.

Massively important to me, I'd lose a lot of love for my team and fot football if we were ever taken over by one of these Oil barons or Oligarth's with blood on their hands and it would make me a massive hyypocrite to support that particular regime.
I could probably at most stretch myself to accepting a oligarch investor. At the end of the day they may be shady but they are also individuals. Being owned by a oligarch is not by default being owned by Russia. Criminals have been involved in football since the dawn of the sport. But obviously I would prefer a squeaky clean owner. But at the end of the day all billionaires are shady. If it is an outright super villain however I would bail.

I could never accept us being owned by a country. At that point you stop being a club and become a political tool.

Last edited:
I know I am a bald bloke, went quite early in my late 20s as well, never really gave that much of a shit about it to be honest.

The way I see it if I walk into a busy pub no one notices me, I walk into the same pub with a wig on, the whole pub is nudging each other, pointing and sniggering behind my back.

I know I am a bald bloke, went quite early in my late 20s as well, never really gave that much of a shit about it to be honest.

The way I see it if I walk into a busy pub no one notices me, I walk into the same pub with a wig on, the whole pub is nudging each other, pointing and sniggering behind my back.
Me as well. I knew it was coming as both my Dad and my brother who is 10 years older than me were/are bald. I have had cropped hair since i was 11,so basically it just got shorter and shorter as the hairline went.

Me as well. I knew it was coming as both my Dad and my brother who is 10 years older than me were/are bald. I have had cropped hair since i was 11,so basically it just got shorter and shorter as the hairline went.
I was 29 walking in Hoddesdon high street, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in one of the shop windows and saw this semi bald guy with the remaining hair looking all wild and untidy.

I walked straight into the nearest barbers told them to shave it all off and I have never looked back since.

I was 29 walking in Hoddesdon high street, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in one of the shop windows and saw this semi bald guy with the remaining hair looking all wild and untidy.

I walked straight into the nearest barbers told them to shave it all off and I have never looked back since.
Haha,as i said because of the cropped hair mine wasn't such a shock to the system.
You Hoddesdon? Lived there for many years as a young un.100 acre estate first, then Whitley road.
"Steves" up Rye road was my barber of choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom