Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha,as i said because of the cropped hair mine wasn't such a shock to the system.
You Hoddesdon? Lived there for many years as a young un.100 acre estate first, then Whitley road.
"Steves" up Rye road was my barber of choice.
I am a Harlow boy but had a job for 5 years where I worked all over Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt and Waltham Cross. My hair dresser of choice and still go back there now and then is 'Georges' on Amwell Street, the guy is a Hammer but he sorts my crazy eye brows out.

Back in the day I used to be a regular in The White Bear on match days when they were showing the foreign streams. That was also my Grandand's local when it was called the Ann of Cleaves.

I am a Harlow boy but had a job for 5 years where I worked all over Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Cheshunt and Waltham Cross. My hair dresser of choice and still go back there now and then is 'Georges' on Amwell Street, the guy is a Hammer but he sorts my crazy eye brows out.

Back in the day I used to be a regular in The White Bear on match days when they were showing the foreign streams. That was also my Grandand's local when it was called the Ann of Cleaves.
The Anne of Cleaves was a proper Casual pub back in the 80s.Georges was on the upper level of the precinct, presume it moved when they knocked it down for Morrisons. haven't lived there for 30 years, so out of touch a bit. When i do go back, its either to one of the pubs or the working mans club on rye road.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??

No... I can't be, because here we all are. If the most important thing to us was trophies, we'd all be on Blue Moon or whatever

No. We care about history, tradition, fair play and beautiful, open expansive football.

Fuck trophies, if and when we get one, let it be on our terms. Until then.. As we were. It's fine
I don’t get that vibe from ENIC at all. We are soulless & corporate with shit football.

Do you want us to buy a couple of league titles , few cups fill our team with greedy little mercenaries with their even greedier agents waiting in the wings or huff & puff do what we’ve been doing then maybe just maybe we a get a rub of the green and we can celebrate a trophy by huffing & puffing what do you want?
That hard working grafter dele lifting the cup . True Working class hero. Would bring a tear to the eye :pochcry:

Our owners have already taken the blood money for walker and will take it for Kane too. A slightly better level of moral bankruptcy will taste so much sweeter!
Odd isn’t it. People who deeply care so much about blood money but then are more than happy for the club they support to get as much blood money as possible. They ain’t fooling me! Fake ass bitches :kaneear:

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??
Maybe you should be supporting Barnet or Leyton Orient then?

Surely you understand why... supporters of traditionally one of the biggest clubs in the country, with one of the largest fan bases in the country, pre ENIC the 4th most successful trophy winning club in the country, and paying the highest ticket prices in the country.....AND one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet...........have every right to feel bitterly disappointed with 1 league cup in twenty one years.

I find this attitude both patronising and belittling to our club, tbh.

Imagine how shit we'd actually be if every fan had this kind of couldn't give a fuck about winning stuff attitude

is nothing to do with them being an oil club it is more the fact their outright owner is someone who is happy bombing schools and hospitals in Yemen killing god knows how many children. Then their is the whole human rights issue where being a homosexual in that country gets you stonned to death. The fact is it was Saudi Money that have funded most of the extremist terrorist groups.

I don't like that we are sponsored by a Chinese insurance company I would loathe being owned by people who are happy bombing children. The dirty money in football needs to be rooted out of football look at Woolwich how can any fan be happy visit Rawanda on their shoulder because the president of that country has made his political opponent diappear disgusts me.
I find their ownership abhorrent. My point is how many human abuses have we undertaken as a nation? How many nations have we bombed or invaded and we should not have been there? Blair invaded Iraq. How many still voted Labour when he did?

I really don't know where I stand on all this tbh

I'm desperate for Enic/Levy to go but these Newcastle owners are truly abhorrent

Not trying to cause an argument but if everyone on here was offered 10 times their current salary to do their current job but working for a company with owners of this nature , would you honestly take it ?
Surely if someone thinks you shouldn’t take it , then they should also think Spurs shouldn’t either?

Yes, and we called them out for it. Most people on this forum were ready to stop following/giving a shit about Spurs just because of the ESL. So yes, we can have a say. Stop trying to change the narrative.
It’s just odd to me that some are happy with owners who feel exactly the same way. It just didn’t go through but not for a lack of want.

Not changing anything. My point is, we are not some sort of football messiah club. Look at the pandemic and the shit our club tried to pull with the payment and furlough. They might not be murderers like the Arab state, but they try and fuck people over other ways.
Basically they aren’t moral at all when it comes to enic & levy. Free pass for anything.

Jonathan Woodgate of course. Him and his gang chased a guy, called him paki, bit him, fractured him etc. Our owners bought him.Scored in the league cup final for us afterwards.
VDV total legend. Put his wife in her place the fucking Bitch!
But Saudis stone women so you can’t compare. So it’s ok .
So punch away vdv, legend! Welcome back any time my man
:vdvcry:

Secondly I assume everybody moaning about Newcastle's owners will be boycotting the World cup in Qatar next year for the rumoured human rights violations?
They will watch it with tears in the eyes thinking of all the appalling things that happen over there. But they will be watching it in support of the victims. Top guys we have on this forum!

I am walking away from football, have made the decision and I am going to stand by it.

Thought long and hard about it and this post sums up perfectly the reason why I am done with it and the fucking circus it has become.
I am about 95% checked out of football.
It isn’t worth it.

We made the top four, only beaten by Chelsea, City and Newcastle, thanks to some dodgy dealing by old Joe in Patagonia...and no mention of him making a fucking fortune from betting against the Pound on Black Wednesday...

Haven't read the thread so I hope not too many cunts got on their high horses...
4) Spurs – Joe Lewis (£3.6bn)
“We are going to defend the private property with the Winchester in the hands; with blood if needed,” said Lewis’ right-hand man Van Ditmer. The Spaghetti Western caricature was referring to the blowback occurring after Lewis bought up huge areas of land in Patagonia. Bribes to local, regional and national government in Argentina allowed him to spread across the area, intimidating locals, usurping water supplies and crucial energy resources. He’s one of a number of billionaires turning a once untouched and beautiful landscape into their own independent state.

Makes you proud to be a lilywhite .
:pochcry:

OK he didn't actually murder anybody...just had a guy who threatened to do it whilst carrying out a land grab on his behalf...don't know enough about the guy to know his personal beliefs...mainly because he's a secretive tax exile who spends half the year in a big fuck off yacht...

So he sounds a decent bloke...
They will defend joe no matter how shameful his actions. Defending violent land grabs now.

Back
Top Bottom