Are we better off with Eriksen than Willian?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen or Willian?

• Total voters
So we have missed out on the creative Brazilian. But now Media are reporting we are in the run for Ajax star Eriksen. He is younger, actually gets capped for his country unlike Willian who's been capped only 3 times. Is 3 years younger and 3 times cheaper. And is arguably better.

I have no idea who the better player is, but there must have been a reason why Willian has been prioritised over Erikson, and why Willian is nearly 4 times as expensive.

We might be able to answer this at the end of the season, but until then we just have to wait because there is no way this question can actiually be answered with any degree of emperial evidence to support any opinion.

Can you please add a 'don't know' option so everyone with a brain can select the correct option for all of us.

Eriksen. Easy to say now he seems to be the one coming though. Although he seems to be a bigger threat from set pieces and scores more.....and is cheaper, so all in all a strong argument for the Dane

I have no idea who the better player is, but there must have been a reason why Willian has been prioritised over Erikson, and why Willian is nearly 4 times as expensive.

We might be able to answer this at the end of the season, but until then we just have to wait because there is no way this question can actiually be answered with any degree of emperial evidence to support any opinion.

Can you please add a 'don't know' option so everyone with a brain can select the correct option for all of us.
I'm sure you will be ok.

Considering the fee involved for Willian, his personality and his agent I'd be happier with Eriksen. Assuming the club were happy to pay the suggested price before Chelsea made their move it's possible they now plan to spend the allocated money on both Eriksen and Vadillo.

I haven't seen enough of Willian really but I guess he's judged to be more the finished article. 30 mill always seemed quite a bit inflated based on what I have managed to see of him but I'd leave that for someone who's watched him more to judge.

Essentially though if we get Eriksen, we have a player with bags of promise at 21 years old, for what I think will turn out to be seen as a great price. Also like @ bensonrecon bensonrecon pointed out, with Willian he would have probably been angling for a big money move to other clubs within five minutes.

Time will tell though - let's see the impacts they both have on their new teams.

Is no one else concerned with the lack of Afros in our squad now Hudd and (seemingly) Benny are gone?

149839_.jpg

I voted Willian because I think he's the better player, but I certainly see the advantages to the younger, cheaper and Joorchiaban free Eriksen. Plus we haven't had a player whose name is so consistently spelt wrong since Ryan Nelson. Erikson and Chaldi could tear it up next year.

I would go for Eriksen. Based on his international experience at only the age of 21 he has already claimed 37 caps for his country. He is always going forward, creating chances, bangs plenty of important goals in. And he is a good team player/leader.

Back
Top Bottom