ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry you feel that way but I’m just being realistic. I’m absolutely a passionate spurs fan.
But nothing I have seen so far, nor our form suggests to me otherwise. Do you think I want to believe that Woolwich can beat us? DEFINITELY NOT.
Not doubting your passion for a second. I just can't look at match predictions for the rest of the season to determine where we may end up based on historical league tables.

A bit of a sh*tshow yesterday, but we were unlucky not to get at least a point. Deserved or not - it doesn't matter.

Here's my problem

The next 3 games are very winnable. But it'll get to a point where if we don't pick up points Jose will just go all in for the EL and perhaps play the 'B Team ' in the league
This means that we could finish in a seriously low position if Jose gives up

I've seen many positive signs over the last few games which would lead me to suggest this won't happen but nonetheless I'd find it very hard to take if we finished even below West Ham per say

Here's my problem

The next 3 games are very winnable. But it'll get to a point where if we don't pick up points Jose will just go all in for the EL and perhaps play the 'B Team ' in the league
This means that we could finish in a seriously low position if Jose gives up

I've seen many positive signs over the last few games which would lead me to suggest this won't happen but nonetheless I'd find it very hard to take if we finished even below West Ham per say
This will be his get out of jail card for a poor league finish saying he concentrated on the EL up tobQ/F then get knocked out. Obviously won’t say why we had give up on the league in the first place. I can see him going all in for EL and screwing the league then get knocked out of EL and make up some excuse for getting knocked out. He”ll then tell levy he concentrated on EL and so had to play weakens team in PL which led to poor position. You can just see him twisting it.

Ultimately, we're fucked.

We all laughed at Woolwich. Got a new stadium, saw their star players start to leave and not replaced with good enough acquisitions but still managing to get top 4 and actually laughing at them for celebrating just that instead of winning trophies. How they went 10 years without a trophy etc.

Yet that's exactly what we're becoming. A shiny new stadium. A team who now know that top 4 is pretty much our everything. Zero trophies in 10 years. And we're not even going to manage that.

Our second full season in our stadium and two seasons on the bounce we're about to fail at getting top 4.

Shambles.

And to top it off, we've got this dumb cunt as a manager too who we're playing premium for making us worse.

You'd almost think the Chelsea legend was doing it on purpose.
What are your views on Levy/ENIC then?

They've done a superb job in providing us with the facilities we have, training ground, the new stadium...
That's still not enough for us to qualify as a 'big club' according to Jonathan Liew in The Guardian:

Look under the bonnet, however, and the post-Covid order is already shaking out. Manchester City, the only club in the country that can afford to have £250m of footballer sitting around – you know, just in case – are surging clear of an exhausted Premier League. Smaller clubs such as Tottenham, Southampton, Burnley and Brighton are loading themselves with debt in an attempt to compete.

Honestly, I look at our last games as a combination of poor form and playing tricky games.
I look at our upcoming fixtures as a chance to gain some momentum, confidence and importantly wins too.

Losing at home to an out of form Liverpool really knocked the confidence out of us.
Similar thing after the Champions League final.

L (A) Liverpool - as mentioned above.
L (A) Brighton - the fixture after the morale crushing loss where the players couldn't bounce back.
L (H) Chelsea - Always a tough game for us. New manager thing going on there too.
W (H) WBA - We could have believed this was a return to winning ways.
L (A) Everton - A good, but tough game full of errors. Ultimately out the cup. Morale dented further.
L (A) City - We had no chance.
W (A) Wolfsberger - Yay, beat a trash side... back to winning ways??
L (A) West Ham - They are really flying at the moment. Thought we deserved more regardless.

Coming up..
W (H) Wolfsberger - Expect a thorough win here with lots of goals.
W (H) Burnley - Expecting to win.
D (A) Fulham - Historically tricky fixture for us.. Expect a draw but a win is certainly possible.
W (H) Palace - They have been picking up wins, probably feeling a bit safer now - expect a win.
D (A) Woolwich - Like us, have been poor. Dull draw for me here.
W (H) Southampton - Is this postponed? A side in poor form I expect us to beat.
W (A) Villa - Hard game to call.. By this time I'm expecting us to be in form and pick up 3 pts.
W (A) Newcastle - Another ground I worry about us visiting. They are bad though.. expect a win.
L (H) United - It's a long way off right now, but current feeling is this looks like a loss.
L (A) Everton - Would like to say a win, but probably a 'Mourinho out' style defeat.
L (N) City - We don't win cups any more. 'Mourinho out'.
W (H) Sheff Utd - No cup win.. We really need to fight for top 4 and it starts here.
W (A) Leeds - win
W (H) Wolves - win
W (H) Villa - win
L (A) Leicester - Final day of the season drama to secure Europa League spot :)

65pts. Finish 7th~ but above West Ham and Woolwich, and roughly 5 points off top 4.
14 games to play. I predicted 29/42 pts. I think around 34/42pts will challenge top 4 which isn't beyond possible.

West Ham have to play City, United, Woolwich, Leicester, Chelsea, Everton yet. Some true tests for their supposed European credentials.

Woolwich to play Leicester, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea.

Spurs have United, Woolwich, Everton, Leicester - but otherwise I would suggest a more favourable set of fixtures.

Will look back at this post in the summer thinking what a pessimist I was hopefully too.

COYS!

That's still not enough for us to qualify as a 'big club' according to Jonathan Liew in The Guardian:

Look under the bonnet, however, and the post-Covid order is already shaking out. Manchester City, the only club in the country that can afford to have £250m of footballer sitting around – you know, just in case – are surging clear of an exhausted Premier League. Smaller clubs such as Tottenham, Southampton, Burnley and Brighton are loading themselves with debt in an attempt to compete.
What an idiot. We had a bigger than usual, but still pretty modest window given Bale and Vini are only here on loan.

I thought I remembered this guy as being a gooner but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, he's still a total effing idiot to write that.

What an idiot. We had a bigger than usual, but still pretty modest window given Bale and Vini are only here on loan.

I thought I remembered this guy as being a gooner but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, he's still a total effing idiot to write that.
Totally. He's a wannabe Barney Ronay. I don't always agree with Barney but he's a really good journalist with a great way with words. Jonathan tries to copy his style and often comes out with absolute wank so I've learnt to expect less when I see his name at the top of articles. Occasionally he has insight but in this instance he can go rim an elephant.

Sorry you feel that way but I’m just being realistic. I’m absolutely a passionate spurs fan.
But nothing I have seen so far, nor our form suggests to me otherwise. Do you think I want to believe that Woolwich can beat us? DEFINITELY NOT.

The fact that it comes immediately either side of the 2 games in next round of Europa is the unpredictable part about that match, but may become a bit clearer when the draw is made
One or both sides could decide to rest players for the derby in preference to Europa Last 16.

This will be his get out of jail card for a poor league finish saying he concentrated on the EL up tobQ/F then get knocked out. Obviously won’t say why we had give up on the league in the first place. I can see him going all in for EL and screwing the league then get knocked out of EL and make up some excuse for getting knocked out. He”ll then tell levy he concentrated on EL and so had to play weakens team in PL which led to poor position. You can just see him twisting it.
How any of you expected this team to be fighting in 4 different competitions for so long is beyond me lol
Whys does it matter if spurs give up the league? At this point why does it matter if we finished 9 instead of 6th?
Theres more chance winning the europa league than 4th now.

How any of you expected this team to be fighting in 4 different competitions for so long is beyond me lol
Whys does it matter if spurs give up the league? At this point why does it matter if we finished 9 instead of 6th?
Theres more chance winning the europa league than 4th now.

Because 6th means we don't miss out on £40,000,000 next year.

Though tbh, I'd take 9th and no trophy. Just so Mourinho can retire.

Ignore that, he's definitely a gooner trolling. We're not loaded with debt other than the stadium loan which is perfectly serviceable. He probably knows that or if he doesn't he shouldn't be writing about football.

Spurs’ remaining fixtures and my predicted final points tally...;
Burnley - win
Fulham - draw
Palace - draw
Woolwich - loss
Villa - loss
Newcastle - win
United - loss
Everton - loss
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - draw
Wolves - win
Villa - draw
Leicester - loss

total points - 52

I’ve looked at previous years tables and 52 points would mean us finishing around 10th-11th
Burnley - win
Fulham - win
Palace - Draw
Woolwich - Win
Villa -win
Newcastle - win
United - win
Everton - draw
Sheff Utd- win
Leeds - Win
Wolves - win
Villa - Loss
Leicester - Draw

Bet your house on it! If you want to know first scorers and correct scores please donate to me and i will share! :tobyarm:

Possibly antisemitism going on here? Would he say the same about Woolwich?....No, but we're an easy target.

Back
Top Bottom