ARE WE GOING TO FINISH TOP HALF THIS SEASON?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The worse thing for us would be if Levy wanted out now.

Then we would be in complete turmoil.

This needs a steady hand and calm.
Because that has worked over the past decade?

I'll credit Levy for the stadium, and his business intelligence in getting us to a better financial position, but past that he's let the squad and us fans down with the footballing side of things.

Question - Would you swap the stadium to be back at WHL and have some of that money pumped into the squad?

Because that has worked over the past decade?

I'll credit Levy for the stadium, and his business intelligence in getting us to a better financial position, but past that he's let the squad and us fans down with the footballing side of things.

Question - Would you swap the stadium to be back at WHL and have some of that money pumped into the squad?

No because we will get through this and be stronger and still have a magnificent stadium.

No because we will get through this and be stronger and still have a magnificent stadium.
I respect your opinion, no one can change that.

If Kane goes this summer, which is a very real possibility, how do we get stronger from there? We need to change the manager, and then change our whole approach to a game as the one world class player we have would be gone.

I respect your opinion, no one can change that.

If Kane goes this summer, which is a very real possibility, how do we get stronger from there? We need to change the manager, and then change our whole approach to a game as the one world class player we have would be gone.

If Kane leaves then he leaves but he will only go with a huge fee which will have to be reinvested.

We are not going to be stronger overnight and that's why Levy is the right person to oversee that transition.

Change the manager- essential, back the new man, lose the dead wood and try to grow again.

These things can be cycles and we are in one.

But we do have talent in the squad and we just need to keep the belief.

Last edited:
If Kane leaves then he leaves but he will go with a huge fee which will have to be reinvested.

We are not going to be stronger overnight and that's why Levy is the right person to oversee that.

Change the manager- essential, back the new man, lose the dead wood and try to grow again.

Poch hit the nail on the head when he said the rebuild would be painful.

Kane goes, probably £120m
Sissoko needs to go, £15m
Dier is just awful - £20m
Lamela isnt good enough - £15m

All of that needs reinvesting into 4-5 top players.

You're right about the cycle, and it will be painful, but it's necessary.

Coming up..
W (H) Burnley - Expecting to win.
D (A) Fulham - Historically tricky fixture for us.. Expect a draw but a win is certainly possible.
W (H) Palace - They have been picking up wins, probably feeling a bit safer now - expect a win.
D (A) Woolwich - Like us, have been poor. Dull draw for me here.
W (A) Villa - Hard game to call.. By this time I'm expecting us to be in form and pick up 3 pts.
W (A) Newcastle - Another ground I worry about us visiting. They are bad though.. expect a win.
L (H) United - It's a long way off right now, but current feeling is this looks like a loss.

L (A) Everton - Would like to say a win, but probably a 'Mourinho out' style defeat
.W (H) Southampton - Is this postponed? A side in poor form I expect us to beat.
W (H) Sheff Utd - No cup win.. We really need to fight for top 4 and it starts here.
W (A) Leeds - win
W (H) Wolves - win
W (H) Villa - win
L (A) Leicester - Final day of the season drama to secure Europa League spot :)

65pts. Finish 7th~ but above West Ham and Woolwich, and roughly 5 points off top 4.
14 games to play. I predicted 29/42 pts. I think around 34/42pts will challenge top 4 which isn't beyond possible.

Will look back at this post in the summer thinking what a pessimist I was hopefully too.
COYS!

My prediction from the fixtures so far were WDWDWWL (14 pts). Reality is WWWLWDL (13 pts).
The final 7 games I suggested 15 pts, which maybe now I would go for 14 pts. Giving us a total of 63pts.

I still think 70 pts is what makes the top 4, still think we will finish around 7th, but no longer think we will finish above West Ham which is a shame.

Should we win all our remaining games (which is NOT impossible), there's still an outside chance of making top 4 without other teams slipping up significantly. Although it may seem unlikely now, personally I'm not a quitter, and would fight & believe until it's not possible. That's the attitude we need our players to have - all is not lost. But every time we fail to win, these forums are a pit of negativity.

There are 7 games to give everything to finish this awful season in the best possible way we can.
I'm going to back the lads as capable of winning our remaining games, including the cup final.
The chances are they will let me down.. but I have had 30 years of being let down by club & country. You would think by now it's not that difficult to swallow.

What I want more than top 4, more than a trophy, more than individual players staying - is to once again feel proud of being a Spurs fan. At the moment I don't really feel like talking / arguing about football because this is the least I have cared about the sport in my whole life. I'm looking forward to the Olympics more than the football. But I will be watching every game without fail, supporting players on the field, on the bench, in the stands, the manager, the chairman, the kit man, the tea lady, the mascots, the ball boys... you get the idea.

Come on Tottenham. Make me proud again.

I can't wait for the club to sell Kane for 120 million and invest in 3 Sanchez level players....
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Kane in all honesty will probably stay this summer.

Realistically I see any of the following players leaving this summer for these kinds of fees;
Lloris £8m
Gazzaniga £3m
Hart n/a
Sanchez £12m
Dier £10m
Aurier £7m
Rose n/a
Winks £14m
Sissoko £6m
Dele £14m
Lamela £6m
Bale n/a

Total £80m from 12 player departures.

Lets not believe 4-5 top players will be coming in, that would be incredibly foolish.
1-2 might. But the chances are these will be players that require 1, 2 or 3 seasons before they are "up to speed with the Premier League".

Not sure about the futures of Foyth & Sessegnon, but Skipp looks like he could be a top player available for us next season without a transfer fee at least.

If Kane leaves then he leaves but he will only go with a huge fee which will have to be reinvested.

We are not going to be stronger overnight and that's why Levy is the right person to oversee that transition.

Although often criticised, I did actually think at the time the Bale money was spent quite well with good intentions.

Doing it again with Kane money would likely return similar results, maybe 1-2 gems.
Doing it with Mourinho is his ear worries me.

Wow £35m for Sissoko and Dier - I'd bite your hand off for that!

Could probably get one competent player to replace them for that money.

Sadly I think you're being a tad optimistic. £20m for Dier is probably fair but I reckon 5 is the max we would get for Sissoko. Scouts have an additional 5 years of terrible performances to analyse before making the same mistake we did.

Kane in all honesty will probably stay this summer.

Realistically I see any of the following players leaving this summer for these kinds of fees;
Lloris £8m
Gazzaniga £3m
Hart n/a
Sanchez £12m
Dier £10m
Aurier £7m
Rose n/a
Winks £14m
Sissoko £6m
Dele £14m
Lamela £6m
Bale n/a

Total £80m from 12 player departures.

Lets not believe 4-5 top players will be coming in, that would be incredibly foolish.
1-2 might. But the chances are these will be players that require 1, 2 or 3 seasons before they are "up to speed with the Premier League".

Not sure about the futures of Foyth & Sessegnon, but Skipp looks like he could be a top player available for us next season without a transfer fee at least.
Who are we giving the £6m too to take Sissoko off our hands?

Back
Top Bottom