ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON ?

scott

Moaning isn't moaning if its about our other fans.
tbh we should not be worried about Liverpool this season. Man City is by far more dangerous but atleast we are able to beat them. It's just too hard to compete in every competition. Europa League, FA Cup, League Cup and the Premier League. That is just too exhausting. I would not mind if we get kicked out at the FA Cup. Atleast we would get some time to breath and prepare for other matches. We were still pretty lucky if it comes to injuries and covid cases. What will happen if Kane or/and Son need to be isolated? That season is really hard to predict.
Yeah, unless you win the domestic cups its better to go out early. Fresh legs & all that. An argument to be made for europa too. I am still not convinced by city especially upfront. Aguero is their lamela. Jesus is ok but nothing special. Yeah we would be pretty crap if son & kane were out for a while! Yes we have done well with injuries & covid so far.

Yeah, unless you win the domestic cups its better to go out early. Fresh legs & all that. An argument to be made for europa too. I am still not convinced by city especially upfront. Aguero is their lamela. Jesus is ok but nothing special. Yeah we would be pretty crap if son & kane were out for a while! Yes we have done well with injuries & covid so far.
Ronaldo for example was out for 2 weeks thanks to covid. With that given fixture we would have to play like 6 games without Kane or Son in this case. That could break our neck if it comes to any title race, especially in knock out matches. It's so funny how Fulham is complaining about the fixture if you compare it to our 3 games per week. Mou and Levy did a good job with providing more players to our squad. Some are questioning Vinicius, Bale or Rodon role in our team but we need all of them especially if we continue to climb further in all competitions.

Ronaldo for example was out for 2 weeks thanks to covid. With that given fixture we would have to play like 6 games without Kane or Son in this case. That could break our neck if it comes to any title race, especially in knock out matches. It's so funny how Fulham is complaining about the fixture if you compare it to our 3 games per week. Mou and Levy did a good job with providing more players to our squad. Some are questioning Vinicius, Bale or Rodon role in our team but we need all of them especially if we continue to climb further in all competitions.

Yeah to date Jose has been heavily reliant on 14 players for the premier league games and using the remainder of the squad more in the cups.

Problem comes in if we start to progress further and face stronger teams in EL and FA cup.

Final of the league cup for instance - does he play our strongest team- or play a few players like Bale for instance who don’t normally play in the league.

I guess a lot will depend if we have reached the semi finals of the EL who we might play the midweek after the League cup final

And I think Wycombe game we should be able to rotate still.

Yeah to date Jose has been heavily reliant on 14 players for the premier league games and using the remainder of the squad more in the cups.

Problem comes in if we start to progress further and face stronger teams in EL and FA cup.

Final of the league cup for instance - does he play our strongest team- or play a few players like Bale for instance who don’t normally play in the league.

I guess a lot will depend if we have reached the semi finals of the EL who we might play the midweek after the League cup final

Liverpool also relies on the same players in the Premier League and Champions League. It would be horrible for Mou if he still had to figure it out. However, it's nice to see that the player rotation in other competitions seem to work out. It would not hit us too hard like last season if some of our players from the PL squad gets injuried or infected. Fun fact, this pandemic gave Kane enough to recover from his injury last season. Otherwise we would not play in the Europa League now. But yeah, I am sure that 90% of our PL squad would play in the big games no matter which competition. You could see it in the Europa League that Son or even Kane were subbed in to help them out if they struggled too hard. They also started some games in the EFL or EL. All in all it's well balanced.

Last edited:

Zest

Choose Life This Day
Utd/Liverpool at the weekend is some game.

Win that and they go 6 points clear of the Champions and likely 4 points clear at the top.

They have played 8 away games, won 7 and drawn 1, lost 0.

Liverpool have played 8 home games, won 7 and drawn 1, lost 0.

Would LOVE a draw whilst we pick up 6 from 6.

Utd unbeaten in 12 months now away...

Manchester United are now unbeaten in 15 Premier League away fixtures, winning 12 of them, with their last defeat on the road coming at Anfield a year ago.

Liverpool also relies on the same players in the Premier League and Champions League. It would be horrible for Mou if he still had to figure it out. However, it's nice to see that the player rotation in other competitions seem to work out. It would not hit us too hard like last season if some of our players from the PL squad gets injuried or infected. Fun fact, this pandemic gave Kane enough to recover from his injury last season. Otherwise we would not play in the Europa League now. But yeah, I am sure that 90% of our PL squad would play in the big games no matter which competition. You could see it in the Europa League that Son or even Kane were subbed in to help them out if they struggled too hard. They also started some games in the EFL or EL. All in all it's well balanced.

Looking at it it’s more like 13 players with the next 4 players all hovering around 400-500 minutes to date.

And it’s a cliche but the first 5 names on the team sheet will be a GK, defender, midfielder and striker + 1 other. I think most people will know the 5 players who are Jose’s 1st choice.

Only real area to get rotation are the RBS

Maybe right midfield. And he definitely prefers Stevie B to Lucas there
Apart from that we are very settled. And I think even LB is a bit skewed as Ben Davies can play CB as well in a 3 so gets extra minutes there. Sergio probably our first choice LB if all players are fit.

Key now is just fitness and form of the first 13 players. And the back up players stepping up when needed.

Dele the joker in the pack. Wonder if he will find a way in the second part of the season??

This is why I think we need to be keeping players like Dele.

The squad is big for a reason. Jose obviously targets all 4 competitions.

My biggest issue is that the second string players have been given chances and they have failed to take them. They don't look like they could break into the PL team.

Looking at it it’s more like 13 players with the next 4 players all hovering around 400-500 minutes to date.

And it’s a cliche but the first 5 names on the team sheet will be a GK, defender, midfielder and striker + 1 other. I think most people will know the 5 players who are Jose’s 1st choice.

Only real area to get rotation are the RBS

Maybe right midfield. And he definitely prefers Stevie B to Lucas there
Apart from that we are very settled. And I think even LB is a bit skewed as Ben Davies can play CB as well in a 3 so gets extra minutes there. Sergio probably our first choice LB if all players are fit.

Key now is just fitness and form of the first 13 players. And the back up players stepping up when needed.

Dele the joker in the pack. Wonder if he will find a way in the second part of the season??
Plus Lo Celso and Lamela, where we really have no idea how much we can count on them.

Zest

Choose Life This Day
Last night I dreamt we went top of the table when we hit 47 points and went on to win the league.

Have had several dreams that later happened, hope this is one.

If we had a manager with a positive outlook and attacking mindset we’d have every chance this season, such is the lowness of the bar. We don’t though so that’s it really.

Can we just change the name of the thread to ‘Are we going to make the Top 4 this season’.

Liverpool also played 1-1 against Fulham with a even better squad. We even had more chances than them.. That's what happens if you can't score despite having so many chances. You get punished. Son, Kane and co. were too unlucky today.

If we had a manager with a positive outlook and attacking mindset we’d have every chance this season, such is the lowness of the bar. We don’t though so that’s it really.

Can we just change the name of the thread to ‘Are we going to make the Top 4 this season’.
Shut up mate. If you can't see how many chances we had today stop talking about tactics. What is your explanation for Liverpool playing 1-1 Fulham with NON STOP ATTACKING?

Top Bottom