ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON ?

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Still in sixth place. Six points off top. A reasonably flimsy Everton and Leicester just ahead of us. A league title looking very unlikely now, considering the way we are playing, but still in a decent position considering the clownshoe of a season we are coming out of.

We could certainly be playing better, but we are still scraping points together and in all the cups.

Still in sixth place. Six points off top. A reasonably flimsy Everton and Leicester just ahead of us. A league title looking very unlikely now, considering the way we are playing, but still in a decent position considering the clownshoe of a season we are coming out of.

We could certainly be playing better, but we are still scraping points together and in all the cups.
I think you'll be thinking differently once we draw or lose to Sheffield united sunday

We are playing well but we are not effective as we used to be.

AberdeenYid

I think you'll be thinking differently once we draw or lose to Sheffield united sunday
Probably not, as I’m expecting us to smash fuck out of them. But I expected that tonight too. As I do every match we play.

And even if that does happen, still single figures off top spot and a couple of points off top four, when playing badly. It’ll click for us again and we’ll put a run together.

AberdeenYid

We are playing well but we are not effective as we used to be.
I dont think we are playing well. I think we are playing within ourselves to conserve energy, avoid injury, etc. Id rather we went for it and used the squad more effectively, rather than running Tanguy, Harry and Son into the ground as we seem to be doing.

But I do believe we are presently getting some very bad luck and that’ll even out. Still a believer!

Hope Believe GIF by Kamala Harris

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Tottenham league campaigns after 15 games over the last 12 seasons in order of points:

2011-12 -- 34 points, 31 goals scored, 18 goals conceded, 3rd place. (7 points off top)
2018-19 -- 33 points, 28 goals scored, 16 goals conceded, 3rd place. (8 points off top)
2016/17 -- 27 points, 24 goals scored, 11 goals conceded, 5th place. (10 points off top)
2009/10 -- 27 points, 35 goals scored, 21 goals conceded, 4th place. (9 points off top)
2013-14 -- 27 points, 15 goals scored, 16 goals conceded, 6th place. (8 points off top)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020-21 -- 26 points, 26 goals scored, 15 goals conceded, 5th place. (6 points off top)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 -- 26 points, 25 goals scored, 12 goals conceded, 5th place. (6 points off top)
2012-13 -- 26 points, 28 goals scored, 23 goals conceded, 4th place. (10 points off top)
2017-18 -- 25 points, 23 goals scored, 13 goals conceded, 6th place. (18 points off top)
2010-11 -- 25 points, 23 goals scored, 20 goals conceded. 5th place. (6 points off top)
2014-15 -- 21 points, 18 goals scored, 21 goals conceded, 10th place. (15 points off top)
2019-20 -- 20 points, 25 goals scored, 23 goals conceded, 8th place. (23 points off top)

We're pretty much on the average this season. You could say it's a typical Spurs season.

Update after 17 games:

2018-19 -- 39 points, 31 goals scored, 16 goals conceded, 3rd place. (6 points off top)
2011-12 -- 38 points, 34 goals scored, 19 goals conceded, 3rd place. (7 points off top)
2016/17 -- 33 points, 29 goals scored, 12 goals conceded, 5th place. (10 points off top)
2017-18 -- 31 points, 30 goals scored, 14 goals conceded, 4th place. (18 points off top)
2009/10 -- 30 points, 38 goals scored, 22 goals conceded, 5th place. (10 points off top)
2020-21 -- 30 points, 30 goals scored, 16 goals conceded, 6th place. (6 points off top)
2013-14 -- 30 points, 18 goals scored, 23 goals conceded, 7th place. (6 points off top)
2015-16 -- 29 points, 28 goals scored, 14 goals conceded, 4th place. (9 points off top)
2012-13 -- 29 points, 30 goals scored, 25 goals conceded, 4th place. (13 points off top)
2010-11 -- 27 points, 25 goals scored, 22 goals conceded. 5th place. (7 points off top)
2014-15 -- 27 points, 22 goals scored, 23 goals conceded, 7th place. (15 points off top)
2019-20 -- 26 points, 32 goals scored, 24 goals conceded, 5th place. (23 points off top)

Still pretty much your average Spurs season nearly half way in.

I'd love to add in 2005/06 too just to say that we've been better under Pochettino, Jol and Redknapp.

Last edited:
We got nobody who stands up as I always thought.

Mourinho does not provide the mentality vas he used to in his pomp and not one of our players does what is needed when it's needed and on a regular enough basis.

We are not winning any title until something changes. Worse, I don't think we will make top 4 unless we adopt a radical change of approach and mindset..

Top 4 and at least one cup. That was my hope at the beginning of the season and it’s still my hope. I think us being 1st for a couple of weeks made some fans delusional.

Nope that’s bullshit.

So are you honestly saying with our squad draws with Fulham, West Ham, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are “delusional” results from winning positions? We looked in control of all of those games until the second half.
Those eight points dropped put us top of the league.

What is that all about?? Us conceding so much possession through tactics or ability or that actually we are not a Top 4 team anymore. In which case are you delusional for expecting top 4 and a cup?? There are 4 maybe 5 better teams than us??

I personally think they should be expected points based on our players and manager and general expectations.

That’s not even taking into account Liverpool and wolves games either. I don’t think fans are delusional - I think the players and maybe the manager are letting themselves down.

Gamble on Bale has costed us the season. 0 goal output when Kane/Son have off days. I see people bashing our defenders but you can't seriously expect a flawless clean sheet every single game.
Lucas needs to go, Lamela needs to go, Winks needs to go, Dier shouldn't start, and Sanchez can pack up today and gtfo.

Top Bottom