ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON ?

Couldn’t give a monkeys about the league . When I see that type of line up against a team like that , I lose any hope of achieving anything league wise .
I’m not even bothered about qualifying for the champions league . Means nothing to me

Jose was brought in to win a trophy . We are in the final of one and still in the other domestic one. Also in the knockout stages of the europa .
That was always the ambition this season . A trophy

Couldn’t give a monkeys about the league . When I see that type of line up against a team like that , I lose any hope of achieving anything league wise .
I’m not even bothered about qualifying for the champions league . Means nothing to me

Jose was brought in to win a trophy . We are in the final of one and still in the other domestic one. Also in the knockout stages of the europa .

Would argue that on his salary Jose was bought in, to get CL football. So the EL trophy yes. The fa cup or league cup and not CL football? No.

I’m not sure that will buy much time with levy if we finish outside the top 4.

I think this is right.

We are too defensive-minded to win a title and nowhere good enough to adopt such an approach to be successful.

CSWY

Supporter
Please can we rename this thread simply Premier League 2020/21. We’re not going to win the league. We’ve got a huge battle to get Top 4, which is essential to our progress.

It’s a big sacrifice to put up with this utter muck just to win possibly a League Cup. No doubt that would be the prelude though to great things just a like it was for George Graham and Juande Ramos, the only two managers to actually deliver silverware in the last 30 years.

It’s a big sacrifice to put up with this utter muck just to win possibly a League Cup. No doubt that would be the prelude though to great things just a like it was for George Graham and Juande Ramos, the only two managers to actually deliver silverware in the last 30 years.
Actually that's a bit harsh. It's 29 years and 8 months.

Honestly my expectations are so low that I was never even slightly comfortable with the idea we'd win the league this season. League results like yesterday are in our DNA and have been since the 60s.

Hoping for some cup glory.

Photo of the season?

bunburyist

Supporter
We probably lost the league when Stevie hit the post at Anfield. Gone a bit south since then. I'll be happy with top 4, at least one trophy. I don't fancy our chances in the league cup the way City are playing, but there's no excuse not to take the Europa.

It's trust and quality.

Mourinho does not trust the players. Very very apparent. Trust in terms of doing what he has asked.

Look at Soljskaer, Klopp and to a lesser extent Rodgers and they seem to believe that their players are simply better than the opponents they face. No grand tactical planning. Go out there and in the words of Matt Damon in Goodwill Hunting, just play

In other words I think there is something about Mourinho having mental shackles on the players which they cannot shake.

We are hard to beat but are finding it hard to win. As a result our 4 draws which have yielded 4 points would easily have equated to 9 points for Liverpool or United, with the respective managers accepting the return in favour of going for it and the one loss.

Mourinho would rather have no defeats in those 4 games hence we are lagging behind the frontrunners.

Managerial trust is the key and without it we are not going to get anywhere

No chance for top 4 if we don't get solid, reliable CBs creating less defensive burdens on other players. Strong defense is a foundation for any football styles/tactics and we obviously don't have it. That's why simply changing the manager won't solve the issue we have.

Top Bottom