ARE WE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR ?

I feel more confident that we’re winning the league this year than I did at any point in 15/16 or 16/17. Which is odd considering we apparently ‘bottled it’ both those years. I’m still at that stage we’re I’m kind of joking around about it but deep down I believe we’re a shot. Think we will challenge at least.

Too soon to say, certainly a strong squad but many assumptions to say that. Wouldn’t put me house on it. Saying that , it’s not unreasonable to mention us when talking about potential winner... need to see how we tracking dec

MVP

🌽🥝🥑🥥🍊
Liverpool are still the team to beat, Villa scored 3 or 4 deflected goals against them. Yesterday Pickford should have been sent off, Adrian looked liked he had taken a bribe for that second goal and they had a perfectly good winning goal disallowed. Everton looked like they belonged in the top 6. As for ourselves, we've still got to find our best 11, still a lot more to come from Ndombele and GLC, new players have to settle in. I think we're in the mix for a top 4 place. Nobody was saying we will win the title when we lost to Everton, lots of ups and downs left this season. happy with top four and the Europa cup or a domestic cup this season, then lets see where we go from there.

SouthStand Billy

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
In previous years it’s our mentality that has been questionable. We have the right man in charge to address that mentality and turn us into that team of Bastards we’ve always wanted.
Doesn’t mean we will win the league this season but Jose has certainly given us all the tools we need to have a fucking good go..

Deckard

Supporter
If I was a neutral, I would put my money on Spurs

The only thing we should be afraid of is being afraid

There is no jinx. The only jinx is thinking that jinx exists

Unlikely but whereas last year I could not see how any of our players would make a Prem 11, this year I already sense 2 or 3 might.

If that comes to pass then we will be a top 4 team minimum. The real starting point is today and Burnley.

The crucial aspect is 100% belief. After the United mauling but then the 2 week break, however we win both games we must win.

In Mourinho we have the mamager who knows that but we now need to deliver on it.

Most tense I have been for a while on the outcome today because it's so important.

Fattynomates

Supporter
Formerly Known As Fatty1mate
I have said all along I think we could this season, if we can’t win it with this squad and Jose then I don’t think we ever will , the next 4 games on paper are winnable but let’s be honest there are no easy games in this league , also the introduction of fans at the tail end of the season could play a part , we go to Anfield where there will be no fans and we have also gone to old Trafford without any fans , if the home games even have 50% attendance it could make the difference , I’m not sure I like threads like this though, I would much rather let everyone talk how good chelsea and city are and fly under the radar

Deckard

Supporter
I have said all along I think we could this season, if we can’t win it with this squad and Jose then I don’t think we ever will , the next 4 games on paper are winnable but let’s be honest there are no easy games in this league , also the introduction of fans at the tail end of the season could play a part , we go to Anfield where there will be no fans and we have also gone to old Trafford without any fans , if the home games even have 50% attendance it could make the difference , I’m not sure I like threads like this though, I would much rather let everyone talk how good chelsea and city are and fly under the radar
The problem with these threads is that people would easily build up expectations that become obsessions, only to melt the first time we don't win a game

I think every game is a must win. Sometimes we will lose or draw and we may have some rough patch like anybody else. Also every squad gets some injuries.
But to me the most important thing is knowing that we can win it and enjoying this feeling week after week

Bazali

😇
Is this going to be one of those different years and therefore open to several clubs to win the Premiership?

Early indications are that Liverpool are not as good and now may have lost Van Dyik for 6/7 months.
Man City and Chelsea have players but maybe not a team. Woolwich still have Luiz !
Everton etc don't have the squad to keep up so it could be a re-run of Leicester vs Spurs.

We have strengthened every area of the team and if everyone buckles down and our results attract Skrinier in Jan window the news is ...
WE COULD ACTUALLY WIN IT THIS YEAR !
Between us and Everton

Top Bottom