Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't blame Romero and Lo Celso at all to be honest. To argies, as it should be to everyone in the world, getting invited to play for the NT is the biggest privilege in the world, and the proudest moment for any football player. This is all on FIFA, CONMEBOL, The Argentinian FA and the Brazil authorities. How fucking inept can the brazillian authorities be?
"The players lied about where they were previously". WELL YOU COULD'VE MADE 2 SECONDS OF RESEARCH YOU DUMB IDIOTS ! They're public figures, Romero and Lo Celso played for Spurs before, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT THEY JUST CAME FROM ENGLAND??? How could the Argentinian FA not know that they needed to be quarantined? It's all a complete farce, and it's Spurs (and Villa) who suffer the consequences through no fault of their own...

Perhaps now FIFA will get their shit together, recognise the shitstorm the world is in right now and postpone or organise suitable fixtures.

Oooooo look, a flying pig...

Kids In The Hall Pig GIF by CBC

No disagreement on the moral horror and practical absurdity of the Qatar World Cup, but I feel like this bleeds into a denigration of the international game that I hear a lot from big English club fans and I very much disagree with.

Club and International football are both great and need to find a way to coexist. Maybe that means less international football, but WCQ are essential.
During a global pandemic, its absurd. There's just no way to practically allow them to coexist without greatly distorting both competitions. Nations in red zones whose players don't report because its a global health crisis and doing so jeopardizes their employers are at a competitive disadvantage. Clubs who employ players who do report to red zones because they feel an obligation to do so are at a competitive disadvantage.

The responsible thing for any real governing body in this situation would have been to work with the leagues and FAs to remove the international breaks from the season, accelerate league schedules to conclude a little sooner, give the players a rest, conduct quick fire WC qualifiers in the summer, gove the players a rest, have the first part of next season, then break for the WC.

For once the universe delivered a break - the insanely stupid Qatar winter WC gave FIFA maximum flexibility to adapt the tournament around a global pandemic. And, in their finest fashion, they managed to completely fuck that opportunity up by just pretending the global pandemic didn't exist.

Seriously. Fuck FIFA. If that means the end of international football, so be it. It ain't worth it.

So it could be 14 days quarantine there, then deportation and another 10 when they get back here. And that’s without potential jail time for lying to immigration. We’ll done lads.
If so that should be us telling all our players they can fuck off travelling to red flag countries again until this fucking pandemic is over

I note that the official twitter made no mention of the Spurs' players "games" yesterday. They congratulated all our other international participants.
I can't find any tweets congratulating the selection of the Covid 3.

"Congrats to Gio and Cuti who completed 6 minutes of frenetic action in Brazil yesterday, well done lads!"

I've just thought about possibly the one upside of our players quarantining in Croatia. It'll be an excellent opportunity for Romero and Sanchez to get to know each other. There's no language problem there after all. They might form our top central partnership this season.

What if they don't get on and end up killing each other.

#Spursy. :mourweird:

Back
Top Bottom