Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck this shit. Why can’t we just refuse to release them?

The club did last month. But unless you physically restrain the players how do you intend to stop them getting on a plane? The club reportedly fined them, because they weren't available for games they are contractually obliged to be available for (I guess). But beyond that the clubs' hands are tied.

They could sack them, but what good would that do? Then you lose a player and all transfer value.

Clubs are being shit on and being told to get over it.

The club did last month. But unless you physically restrain the players how do you intend to stop them getting on a plane? The club reportedly fined them, because they weren't available for games they are contractually obliged to be available for (I guess). But beyond that the clubs' hands are tied.

They could sack them, but what good would that do? Then you lose a player and all transfer value.

Clubs are being shit on and being told to get over it.
They could be asked to retire from international duty

And we pay their wages, this whole episode is ridiculous.
It certainly is to fans and club owners / management. But to national associations and the players it's just football. And I for one am over it. They are incumbents in the shirt. As a fan of Spurs I Love The Shirt.

Off the red list now, no quarantine?
The 7 countries still on the red list are, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru and Venezuela).
Columbia play Brazil at home on Saturday, so I assume any British based players will have to quarantine (Sanchez and Emerson?)
The good news is that Argentina have two home games during this break, so Romero and Lo Celso won't have to quarantine.

The 7 countries still on the red list are, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Panama, Peru and Venezuela).
Columbia play Brazil at home on Saturday, so I assume any British based players will have to quarantine (Sanchez and Emerson?)
The good news is that Argentina have two home games during this break, so Romero and Lo Celso won't have to quarantine.
They play on the Friday, I'm fairly sure. Our game is on the Sunday. Apparently too quick of a turnaround for them to travel and be in decent condition to play vs Newcastle. (Hopefully I'm wrong)

Lo Celso quite good last night. Romero good first half, not so much in the second. Argentina should have been a few goals up at the break, ran out of puff as the game went on and I felt the manager really messed up with his substitutions. Argentina probably win the game handily enough if Lautaro is fit to play, but as it was Paraguay looked as likely to score a winner in the last 30mins.

Back
Top Bottom