Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why cannot FIFA disciplinary department open an investigation as to who from Infantino downwards in FIFA thought it was a good idea to flout many countries laws to hold these games - and when found guilty penalty should include sacking for gross incompetence and conspiracy to endanger public health world wide.

I've just thought about possibly the one upside of our players quarantining in Croatia. It'll be an excellent opportunity for Romero and Sanchez to get to know each other. There's no language problem there after all. They might form our top central partnership this season.

I've just thought about possibly the one upside of our players quarantining in Croatia. It'll be an excellent opportunity for Romero and Sanchez to get to know each other. There's no language problem there after all. They might form our top central partnership this season.

What if they don't get on and end up killing each other.

#Spursy. :mourweird:

There's no upside here. Sanchez needs to be moved on. My fear in a situation like this is that a "camaraderie" might only help to lengthen the stay of a player who has proven himself to be not good enough for Spurs, and earn him playing time over someone else who actually deserves it.

Ridiculous. I can't believe we would let them travel again for this.

FIFA can impose a 5 day suspension on players that are not released, the quarantine is 10 days with no exceptions. So take the risk of the FIFA sanction that might never even happen, no brainer.
The players are going on their own accord, Spurs can't physically stop them.

4 teams qualify direct from South America, the 5th placed team has a play off against the blind school.

Argentina are 5 points clear of the team in 5th with a game in hand. If they lost all 3 of these games, which they wouldn't, they would still be second in the group. Neither of our players is needed for this round of games for them to qualify.

Back
Top Bottom