Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is theater of the absurd stuff now. Don’t know what FIFA is playing at, as per.

I don't know about France but Spain lifted its 10-day quarantine rule on Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil and Colombia on 23 August.

Britain in "special rules apply" exceptionalism shock
Every right to apply special rules - that’s not the fundamental issue

Every right to apply special rules - that’s not the fundamental issue
Argentina (and to a lesser extent Brazil) would have much more cause to quarantine people arriving from Britain than vice-versa.

Current average daily infection rates:

Argentina - 4,500 and falling
Brazil - 20,000 and falling
UK - 35,000 and rising

Argentina (and to a lesser extent Brazil) would have much more cause to quarantine people arriving from Britain than vice-versa.

UK - 35,000 and rising
UK has much more extensive and reliable testing though.
But yeah, the good signs are that cases in SA are declining.

UK - 35,000 and rising
Exactly

I wonder if Spurs or Atalanta knew this would take place before we signed him.

I'm used to Gio using as a training camp for summer tourneys but didn't know Romero saw it similar. Did any other prem clubs allow their players to go? Did we?
And you can’t get away with the Fergie injury either now

Anyone subscribe to the athletic? :levyeyes:
As I understand it: The UK is a red list country for Brazil. So anyone entering Brazil that has been in the UK within the last 14 days must quarantine unless they have paperwork that gives them exemptions.

Some Brazilian politicians claimed that the four UK based Argies did not have that paperwork.

It is probably a bit of Conmebol backstage politics involved here.

As I understand it: The UK is a red list country for Brazil. So anyone entering Brazil that has been in the UK within the last 14 days must quarantine unless they have paperwork that gives them exemptions.

Some Brazilian politicians claimed that the four UK based Argies did not have that paperwork.

Wouldn't be shocked that the AFA just didn't submit said paperwork/request because they are morons.

There's 0% chance Villa and Spurs release their players for the next break if this incident results in a 24 day quarantine (14 in Brazil, 10 in Croatia). They'd basically be in quarantine until the next break.

UK - 35,000 and rising
Very true!

UK - 35,000 and rising

Argentina similar population to ours.

Brazil 4x

They should make regional exemptions, and, play the games in the lowest daily (2weeks before a game or such) region which has a stadium suitable.

As said, really they should be isolated on the way in, all things being equal. Not that I agree with any of it.

How can Brazil have a red list ?

There's 0% chance Villa and Spurs release their players for the next break if this incident results in a 24 day quarantine (14 in Brazil, 10 in Croatia)
Huge can of worms there, it would mean telling fifa to fuck off or we can't play them for x amount (I forget the numbers) of games after the break. Not saying we shouldn't but will probably lead to a break from fifa be that good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom