Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're likely all double vaccinated and could be tested at their own expense....and will be mixing with other footballers in the same situation.

The situation is out of their hands so why should they be punished? It's not a fucking holiday, regardless of everyone else.
It is a holiday. They're making a decision which makes them, knowingly, unable to fulfill the requirements of their contract at the expiration of the scheduled break. Its breach of contract.

It's not out of their hands, they can do what the Brazilian players over here are doing and not go.

FIFA should show a bit of common sense and move the fixtures to safer (in Covid terms) countries.

The sooner they do away with qualifiers for international tournaments, the better. The major nations should qualify by default and the rest can try and qualify to play with the big 12 Nations or whatever number you want to pull out of your arse.

During a global pandemic, its absurd. There's just no way to practically allow them to coexist without greatly distorting both competitions. Nations in red zones whose players don't report because its a global health crisis and doing so jeopardizes their employers are at a competitive disadvantage. Clubs who employ players who do report to red zones because they feel an obligation to do so are at a competitive disadvantage.

The responsible thing for any real governing body in this situation would have been to work with the leagues and FAs to remove the international breaks from the season, accelerate league schedules to conclude a little sooner, give the players a rest, conduct quick fire WC qualifiers in the summer, gove the players a rest, have the first part of next season, then break for the WC.

For once the universe delivered a break - the insanely stupid Qatar winter WC gave FIFA maximum flexibility to adapt the tournament around a global pandemic. And, in their finest fashion, they managed to completely fuck that opportunity up by just pretending the global pandemic didn't exist.

Seriously. Fuck FIFA. If that means the end of international football, so be it. It ain't worth it.

Spot on post, mate. 👍

Just as it looked as if we could perhaps turn a corner..... Once again, Spursy (true definition!) strikes.

Just as I started to warm to international football again; Fifa strikes.

This is really taking the shine off the great start to our season and our big summer signing.

No disagreement on the moral horror and practical absurdity of the Qatar World Cup, but I feel like this bleeds into a denigration of the international game that I hear a lot from big English club fans and I very much disagree with.

Club and International football are both great and need to find a way to coexist. Maybe that means less international football, but WCQ are essential.
Fuck that. Brazil, Argentina etc qualify every tournament

Part of the problem is that the UK red list bears little resemblance to any logical Covid risk and is just basically a sort by GDP per capita.

A lot of blame to go around here.
Nah. The blame is squarely on FIFA who are the only governing body of anything in the past 18 months thats attempting to just soldier on as scheduled as if nothing is going on at all.

Peak oblivion. Clubs should stand up as one and tell them to do one. And while they're at it fuck over their blood money bribery cup next winter.

Nah. The blame is squarely on FIFA who are the only governing body of anything in the past 18 months thats attempting to just soldier on as scheduled as if nothing is going on at all.

Peak oblivion. Clubs should stand up as one and tell them to do one. And while they're at it fuck over their blood money bribery cup next winter.
I don’t hate your idea of shoehorning WCQ into next summer at all, but I’m sure there are problems with it we aren’t considering.

And while no honest soul would ever stand to defend the FIFA that currently exists, the idea of a governing body for the sport and not just a cartel representing the interests of literally like 15 clubs in Western Europe is something that is essential.

I don’t hate your idea of shoehorning WCQ into next summer at all, but I’m sure there are problems with it we aren’t considering.

And while no honest soul would ever stand to defend the FIFA that currently exists, the idea of a governing body for the sport and not just a cartel representing the interests of literally like 15 clubs in Western Europe is something that is essential.
I'm not necessarily saying my idea is the best, or that it would work with things not being considered, as you say.

But the reality is FIFA isn't doing anything, and thats the problem. Their reaction to the global pandemic has been to just literally do absolutely nothing different. Thats simply unacceptable.

They will only play against Venezuela and Brazil. After the Brazil game they return apparently. That's the deal that AFA has done with the Premier. But that's shite anyway.

That seems to be the general consensus. They’ll still likely miss two games though, the Palace league game on Saturday 11th and possibly the Rennes ECL game on Thursday 16th.

I see you're still handing out the personal abuse when you're shown to be wrong.

Although you haven't been racist today...

Sooner you're gone, the better.
What’s incorrect? Did they fail to make more recent WC’s as I don’t think so? Apols if so….

that’s a recent Spurs song boy, like it or not about a cunt of an ex player. Was it racist? I don’t think so, if it was about a European black player then yeah it would be, but it wasn’t. Well done for dredging it up again though, I had no intention of mentioning it again as clearly it hasn’t aged well

What’s incorrect? Did they fail to make more recent WC’s as I don’t think so? Apols if so….

that’s a recent Spurs song boy, like it or not about a cunt of an ex player. Was it racist? I don’t think so, if it was about a European black player then yeah it would be, but it wasn’t. Well done for dredging it up again though, I had no intention of mentioning it again as clearly it hasn’t aged well
Song about a cunt of an ex-player?

Song sprung up around 2008/2009(?)

Adebayor signed for us in August 2011.

It was, is, and always will be a racist song sung by racists. Now fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom