Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did the Club fine the players for not being available after the International break. Only way to stop them going is to hit them financially.
Doubt it - they aren’t breaking any rules. Their contracts surely state they can travel to internationals

I assume that is how FIFA make their money/kickbacks.

I wouldn't be surprised if world cups are every two years in my lifetime. Maybe more.
Let them all go, who exactly are we missing at this point? lo Celso Sanchez won’t be missed as they are terrible and we appear to have paid 65m for a backup cb to Dier and Sanchez!!!

Let them all go, who exactly are we missing at this point? lo Celso Sanchez won’t be missed as they are terrible and we appear to have paid 65m for a backup cb to Dier and Sanchez!!!

Won't miss them? I guess if Nuno keeps playing his stupid line-ups but assuming he isn't a complete moron I would say missing our clear best CB and our best or at least most creative and best passing (since Ndombele doesn't give a fuck) MF would be a pretty big miss.

Sanchez as well as much as I am not a fan is at least better than Dier, Rodon and Davies.

Won't miss them? I guess if Nuno keeps playing his stupid line-ups but assuming he isn't a complete moron I would say missing our clear best CB and our best or at least most creative and best passing (since Ndombele doesn't give a fuck) MF would be a pretty big miss.

Sanchez as well as much as I am not a fan is at least better than Dier, Rodon and Davies.
Sanchez is terrible, might as well give Rodon a chance and a round of games. As to Romero being our best CB I would have to question if that’s the case given he isn’t capable of displacing two of the worst cbs in the league from the team?

also I have seen nothing from lo Celso to classify him any different than Tanguy, neither appear to give a fook. The two of them and dele must be having a 10 grand wager to see who cares less.

Sanchez is terrible, might as well give Rodon a chance and a round of games. As to Romero being our best CB I would have to question if that’s the case given he isn’t capable of displacing two of the worst cbs in the league from the team?

He played against Chelsea and was better than Dier or Sanchez have ever been, he was better last year in Serie A than they have ever been.

As for not displacing those two I don't think it is based on lack of ability or play from him but lack of intelligence from the manager and a potential injury.

The bar is low to be the best CB at Spurs right now but I think he clearly is the only choice for that "title."

He played against Chelsea and was better than Dier or Sanchez have ever been, he was better last year in Serie A than they have ever been.

As for not displacing those two I don't think it is based on lack of ability or play from him but lack of intelligence from the manager and a potential injury.

The bar is low to be the best CB at Spurs right now but I think he clearly is the only choice for that "title."
Yeah agreed sadly the bar is very very low. Yeah that’s what puzzles me we pay 65m for a guy who by all accounts was class in Serie A. He turns up here yet doesn’t play in the game against your biggest rivals. I am not sure if the blame falls with Nuno for that as he knows he is in must win territory now so why play those other two clowns. As you say maybe down to the sports scientist crowd who didn’t think he was optimally fit to play. Yet I am sure he will happily jump on the plane to represent his country.
I am getting so frustrated with us signing players who simply don’t care

I am not sure if the blame falls with Nuno for that as he knows he is in must win territory now so why play those other two clowns.

I assume because Nuno thinks he has lost the dressing room so is picking the team based on that. The Villa lineup will tell us all we need to know about Nuno.

The players are playing similar to end of Poch and Jose era.

Nuno isn't the problem nor was he the solution in the first place sadly.

I assume because Nuno thinks he has lost the dressing room so is picking the team based on that. The Villa lineup will tell us all we need to know about Nuno.

Totally agreed the club needs a massive clean out of the team, half of them shouldn’t be playing week on week but thst won’t happen as Levy thpinks they are worth millions. Lo Celso for one either doesn’t give two stuffs, is garbage or is not being used in the right system.

agreed well worded with regard Nuno, bunch of players who sadly don’t care enough about the Club save a few. Summed up,perfectly by the three internationals on this thread who had to go play for Argentina and Colombia while the remainder of the South American based prem players stay home. Welcome to the spurs good old boys club where we don’t care if you win lose or draw turn up and take your 100 grand a week for 5 years.

So basically despite being their employer we are having to do this all over again. Meanwhile clubs that refuse to send their players won't get punished again.

"That would mean for the players after the international break that they go for 10-12 days with their national teams and then they go another 10 days into quarantine away from their families. That's 22 days and two weeks later there is the next international break.

"It doesn't sound to me like a real solution."Premier League players can travel to red-list nations for internationals if fully vaccinated
Plus, the world and his dog knows you can still catch and transmit it when you have taken this experimental gene therapy, so there is that…

"That would mean for the players after the international break that they go for 10-12 days with their national teams and then they go another 10 days into quarantine away from their families. That's 22 days and two weeks later there is the next international break.

"It doesn't sound to me like a real solution."Premier League players can travel to red-list nations for internationals if fully vaccinated
Take what we can get. Rest of the country ends up in a quarantine hotel for 10 days at a cost of around 2 grand.
We didn’t let them go last time, they just went. If they want to go you cannot stop them.
I’m surprised there wasn’t more who went

FIFA is a complete disaster. European states should all leave and organize tournaments in Europe with invitations to selected countries from outside ... Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay basically.

Back
Top Bottom