Assuming we play 4-2-3-1 who are the 3?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are the 3? Select first choice XI only and where you want them starting.

• Lamela - LW

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • Lamela - CAM

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lamela - RW

Votes: 76 73.1%
  • Eriksen - LW

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Eriksen - CAM

Votes: 85 81.7%
  • Eriksen - RW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Chadli - LW

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Chadli - CAM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chadli - RW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lennon - LW

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Lennon - CAM

• Lennon - RW

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Townsend - LW

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Townsend - CAM

• Townsend - RW

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Sigurdsson - LW

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Sigurdsson - CAM

• Sigurdsson - RW

• Holtby - LW

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Holtby - CAM

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Holtby - RW

• Total voters

zin

Supporter
Seeing as we have 3 new players, Townsend back from loan and Lennon was considered first choice back in May who are the 3 first XI players now and what position do you want them in?

I voted for
Lamela RW
Eriksen CAM
Holtby LW

Purely because I think this has the most creativity base don what Iv seen and under the assumption they all gel quickly.

I also wanted to fit Eriksen and Holtby in to the same team so gave myself poetic license with positioning...

Also
Seeing as we have 3 new players, Townsend back from loan and Lennon was considered first choice back in May who are the 3 first XI players now and what position do you want them in?
Who are your picks?

currently my prefered 11 for the long run would be

------------Hugo
Walker Kaboul Verts Rose
--------Sandro Pauli
-Lamela Eriksen Chadli
----------Soldado

I made my picks based on who I want to see in two weeks hosting Norwich.

LW: Chadli
CAM: Holtby
RW: Lamela

Holtby has done very well of late and I'd like to see him given a go in the pivotal role, and Eriksen given the start against Tromso in the midweek Europa fixture. Realistically, Townsend has done it all to maintain his spot. We could very well see him at LW, and I'd have no problem with that whatsoever.

If we're playing Eriksen in that hole behind Soldado, we don't need inverted wingers cutting inside crowding his space.

Therefore, LW Lamela, CAM Eriksen, RW Lennon.

I think we should be able to play all kinds of combinations and they 'should' be fluid and dynamic enough to make it work.

I said in another thread that for our next match I want to see: LW: Siggy CAM: Holtby RW: Lamela

If we're playing Eriksen in that hole behind Soldado, we don't need inverted wingers cutting inside crowding his space.

Therefore, LW Lamela, CAM Eriksen, RW Lennon.

Exactly what I was going to post. Furthermore, we know from having seen enough footage of the man that Soldado thrives on crosses into and around the six yard box and penalty spot....inverting the wide players removes that service.

Plus, if need be, the two can switch.

Quite an easy one for this set up.

RW Lennon- CAM Eriksen- LW Lamela = LEL

Starting 11 would be

Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Paulinho
Lennon - Eriksen - Lamela
Soldado​

also went with:

CAM - Erik
RW - Lamela (inverted)
LW - Towns (non-inverted!)

images

L: Chadli CAM: Eriksen R: Lamela

I really want to see Holtby getting some more playing time and I think that he'll really start to shine with more chances, but if Eriksen can offer us that spark we need so badly right, put him in. Townsend has been pretty damn strong so far this year, but I like what I'm seeing from Chadli. He's got pace and seems creative so far, so once we can work on our distribution through the center of the pitch, I think that his real potential will come out.

yep, because it absolutely kills the likes of Bayern and Reals attack lol
Bayern and Madrid have better players than Aaron Lennon in those positions though. You can't compare Lennon to Robben/Muller/Ribery or Di Maria/Bale/Ronaldo

Lennon is also better at producing short key passes, rather than cutting in and shooting himself.

Back
Top Bottom