Assuming we play 4-2-3-1 who are the 3?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are the 3? Select first choice XI only and where you want them starting.

• Lamela - LW

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • Lamela - CAM

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lamela - RW

Votes: 76 73.1%
  • Eriksen - LW

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Eriksen - CAM

Votes: 85 81.7%
  • Eriksen - RW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Chadli - LW

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Chadli - CAM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chadli - RW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Lennon - LW

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Lennon - CAM

• Lennon - RW

Votes: 20 19.2%
  • Townsend - LW

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Townsend - CAM

• Townsend - RW

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Sigurdsson - LW

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Sigurdsson - CAM

• Sigurdsson - RW

• Holtby - LW

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Holtby - CAM

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Holtby - RW

• Total voters
Bayern and Madrid have better players than Aaron Lennon in those positions though. You can't compare Lennon to Robben/Muller/Ribery or Di Maria/Bale/Ronaldo

Lennon is also better at producing short key passes, rather than cutting in and shooting himself.

that's why Lennon will likely not be playing as big a role as he's use to this season, especially in the league.....

Lamela has been bought to take up the RW spot and Chadli the left just go and read AVBs transfer window round up on the OS

that's why Lennon will likely not be playing as big a role as he's use to this season, especially in the league.....

Lamela has been bought to take up the RW spot and Chadli the left just go and read AVBs transfer window round up on the OS
I personally don't rate Chadli and would like him to play second fiddle to Lennon and Townsend.

AVB “Chadli’s a player we’ve been following for quite some time and we managed to strike a deal in the last few days. He’s a player who is extremely versatile and can play in several positions up front."

Nailed it.

AVB “Chadli’s a player we’ve been following for quite some time and we managed to strike a deal in the last few days. He’s a player who is extremely versatile and can play in several positions up front."

Nailed it.
We have but seen a brief glimpse of him and yet we want more

We aren't saying don't do it ever but we need width to get Soldado the chances he thrives on.

The good thing is this, we have 48 players so every scenario can be accommodated.

people are painting Soldado like he's Andy feckn Carroll or Peter fuckn Crouch lol

Soldado thrives on quick intricate link up play like little one twos and one or two touch passing in and around the box. Walker and Rose will be providing the width whilst Chadli and Lamela drive into the box to link up with the likes of Soldado, Eriksen and Pauli. The aim is to get multiple players into the box and score loads of goals.

Next game or (next couple of games), I want to see:
Chadli-Holtby-Lamela

Holtby deserves a start and I would really like to see Lamela.
However, I wouldn't go against replacing Chadli for Siggy ... as I want Siggy to get more game time so that he can improve to give better competition. Yes, Siggy can also get time in the EL, but IMO EPL experience is different. Plus, the next two games are against the so-called more winnable games.

As for the long run, I want to see:

Lamela-Eriksen-Lennon

... when the team is having difficulty breaking down teams, need width, and Eriksen because he will give balance and compensate the width for introducing more of a goal threat that may not be there when playing natural wingers than opposed to inverted wingers. Plus, Eriksen IMO is more comfortable at spraying diagonal through balls, etc (than Holtby).

Chadli-Holtby-Lamela

... when the team needs goals, against wide playing team, and Holtby because if there are inverted wingers who tend to stay up front more and may expose the wings, we need a playmaker who is a less of a goal threat so that he tends to stay more deeper and drift out to the wings if need be. Plus in such cases the defensive work rate is a great asset.
Holtby fits this perfectly from what I seen, where as Eriksen is more of a full-on CAM.
But, here I think the nature of the gameplay will make it become more of a 433

Nailed it.

you must work for one of the red tops....

Its difficult to say who's gonna be the preferred 3 as we don't know who's gonna adapt to league or not, we have great options though (obviously).

Lamela is clearly gonna be first choice eventually this season (hopefully) with the starting position on the RW with Eriksen in the hole, LW is the spot most likely up for grabs. Would be awesome if Lennon could surprise us all and look good/comfortable there doubtful though.

For the time being though I think it should be:

(LW) Chadli/Siggy - (CAM) Holtby - (RW) Townsend

people are painting Soldado like he's Andy feckn Carroll or Peter fuckn Crouch lol

Soldado thrives on quick intricate link up play like little one twos and one or two touch passing in and around the box. Walker and Rose will be providing the width whilst Chadli and Lamela drive into the box to link up with the likes of Soldado, Eriksen and Pauli. The aim is to get multiple players into the box and score loads of goals.

I get what you are saying, but if you have Walker and Rose overlapping the inverted wingers, you end up with 4-5 players in a very small space, attracting loads of defenders, its not conducive to creating clear cut chances, in fact, you can watch the highlights of the Woolwich game to see the exact type of chances you'll get... i.e ones with 3 players in the way that get blocked 9 times out of 10.

I dont think anyone is suggesting inverted wingers are wrong, but we have to be able to provide natural width as well, without overcommitting.

You must've watched alot of Dutch football then......
I do watch dutch football as I like Ajax; but my opinion is partially based on what I've heard from my friends who live in Holland and watch Ajax week in week out.
I also watched one FC Twene game last season, he got an assist in the game, but it looked more a panicked fluke than quality play.

I get what you are saying, but if you have Walker and Rose overlapping the inverted wingers, you end up with 4-5 players in a very small space, attracting loads of defenders, its not conducive to creating clear cut chances, in fact, you can watch the highlights of the Woolwich game to see the exact type of chances you'll get... i.e ones with 3 players in the way that get blocked 9 times out of 10.

I dont think anyone is suggesting inverted wingers are wrong, but we have to be able to provide natural width as well, without overcommitting.

Not at all, with the likes of Eriksen and Lamela bedding in we will start to move the ball quicker and more decisively in and around the box plus transition far quicker. The problem against arscum was we were to slow in our build up or transition and Dembele seriously underperformed. It's early days yet but AVB is clearly trying to move towards a 433 system with inverted wingers al la most of the best teams around the world.

I also watched one FC Twente game last season, he got an assist in the game, but it looked more a panicked fluke than quality play.

well fuck me my bad, not a whole one match were he got a flukey panicked assist lol

Not at all, with the likes of Eriksen and Lamela bedding in we will start to move the ball quicker and more decisively in and around the box plus transition far quicker. The problem against arscum was we were to slow in our build up or transition and Dembele seriously underperformed. It's early days yet but AVB is clearly trying to move towards a 433 system with inverted wingers al la most of the best teams around the world.

well fuck me my bad, not a whole one match were he got a flukey panicked assist lol
read the bit before. My opinion isn't based solely on one game.

read the bit before. My opinion isn't based solely on one game.

How does watching Ajax week in week out make you an expert on FC Twente players? All the reports I've read on Chadli say he's a very complete player perfectly suited to the EPL. I don't like how after not even a handful of games we have a good few fans writing him off and trying to turn him into our new scapegoat especially when he's shown flashes of class and linked up with Rose very well.

Also anyone who thinks we spunked 30 mil on Lamela to experiment with him on the left and try to turn him into an old school English winger to accomadate Aaron 'dodgy end product' Lennon is fuckn deluded.

How does watching Ajax week in week out make you an expert on FC Twente players? All the reports I've read on Chadli say he's a very complete player perfectly suited to the EPL.
It doesn't. They have just seen him play more than most of us.
You can enjoy wanking over what reporters and bloggers have said, I will trust what I've heard from my friends.

I have absolutely no idea how you have come up with that...I'd be interested to know how you came up with it as I am pretty sure I, specifically, am talking about the complete opposite style of player to those two.

SkyBet: Nacer Chadli's odds have dropped to 4/6 and have overtaken Danny Rose (2/1) as favourite for THFC scapegoat of the year.

Back
Top Bottom