Aston Villa (A) - 9th April - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Spurs fans

Congrats on the win. After the results had gone your way earlier, I had a feeling it was going to be your
day walking to the ground.

Certainly felt that way by half time after conceding a sloppy goal virtually straight away and then dominating without taking our chances. Fair play to Lloris, who was top drawer in the first half.

We had to get the second goal in the game while we were on top and didn't get it. With Spurs quality, you are always running the risk of getting hit with a sucker punch and once the second went in, there was no way back. Half time came at a good time for Spurs and Conte obviously made the necessary tweaks to change the momentum. A sign of a top manager.

You were clinical when the chances came your way and we definitely weren't.

After the shambles of the North London Derby being called off, I'll definitely be cheering you on that night and all the best for the rest of the season.

Evening Spurs fans.

Back again with my thoughts on tomorrow's match.

I'll be back in the Holte End tomorrow, after being struck down with bloody Covid following the visit of your nearest and dearest the other week. If we throw in another no show like that day, I think you will win comfortably. Watching you last Sunday hardly fills me with confidence.

We have been so hit and miss it's unbelievable. Woeful for weeks, culminating in losing at home to Watford. Then clicked for 3 matches (Southampton were lucky it was only 4, could have been 6 or 7) and then looking like we are on the beach the last few weeks.

I think some players know that they will be out of the door at the end of the season, which isn't great when you need them to give everything to get a win.

First goal is the big one for me tomorrow. We get it and the crowd will be really up for it. Concede it and I think Spurs probably win at a canter.

Whichever way it goes, all the best in the top 4 chase and look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

listening to Souness on Sky Sports is just horrendous.

'Wondering how Villa didn't get anything out of the game'

Because they couldn't hit a barn door and were shite in the second half.

If that was Liverpool with an away win like that he'd be saying how its so good that they grind out victories and that's the sign of a top team.

Bellend.

Son is now on 17 PL goals, 3 behind Salah in the race foe the Golden boot!

He also now has 87 PL goals just 13 off the PL 100 club!

Absolute Spurs Legend!
:sonpoint:

Just heard Lloris say Conte sorted out out a few things at half time to help the midfield protect the defence better and deal with Coutinho. Which was exactly what was needed. Their 3+Coutinho was mullering our midfield first half.

I went back and watched bits of that second half and I think maybe he had Son drop in to form a CM3 when they had the ball. Odd choice to use Son, but maybe it was because most danger went down our inside left channel, so Son dropping into the in side right channel meant Hojbjerg could shuffle into that more threatening right channel.

On top of the tactical midfield disadvantage Hojbjerg and Bentancur were also just really poor. Both constantly turning back when they had ground ahead of them or the chance to look forwards. I noticed almost immediately after ht, Hojbjerg received ball with two men up his arse and instead of doing what he'd done the whole first half, which was hot potato it back to Dier, he spun and played it forwards which got us moving. He'd definitely had a fucking rocket up his arse at HT.

The Kane and Son show aside, we are starting to score some proper goals now. Team goals. My favourite type. The fourth was one of those. It starts off with Emerson (who once again was OK this game once Conte got us tactically better set up) to Kulusevski, back to Emerson who squeezes it inside under pressure to Hojbjerg, who moves it onto Kane, onto Son who slips a delightful little ball to Kulusevski (who's made the ground to get back into the move) who cooly sits that cunt Mings on his arse before picking out Son with a perfect pass, who finishes cooly.

We were tactically so bad first half, all wrong, completely outnumbered in midfield which allowed Coutinho to run the half, on top of that we lost Doherty early to a diabolical tackle, and were really lucky to be up at HT. Second half the structural tweaks helped, the early goal deflated them further, and the sheer quality of our attackers when they are at it, turned this into the proverbial game of two halves. we ended up turning 56/44 possession first half into 47/53 second.

The ref was also a massively incompetent cunt.

Last edited:
Jodie Whittaker O GIF by Doctor Who

Tell me when it’s safe to come out.
Not sure you're on board with the new zeitgeist mate. We're brilliant again, a shoo-in for 4th spot and and a decent bet for the league next year.

The players previously deemed to be "bottom half of the Championship at best" are now everyone's firm favourites* and our rivals, described in Version 1.0 as "on a whole different level" are, in fact, laughable shit.

Do try to keep up.

*Offer may not apply to Harry Winks. Please check Terms & Conditions

Son and lloris will get the plaudits here (and rightly so) but didn’t anyone else think Romero fucking bossed it today? Becoming one of my favourite players. His aggression, tenacity and poise is second to none.

Even allowing for the fact that there were no VAR errors, no bad penalty or offside decisions, that was one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in years. The ref was an absolute disgrace from the get-go.

The fact that we ended the game with more cards than them having seen them kick the holy shit out of us for the first 45minutes is appalling.

Back
Top Bottom