Aston Villa (A) - 9th April - 530 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Seems we are on a really good run of form at the moment, and the players have clicked with Conte's system.

This'll be a tough game, however mixed Villa's result's have been. We have a good record at VP, hopefully something we can continue.

I'd go with same team unless Sess or Reguilon are fit, then Doherty to RWB and one of them in at LWB. I know Skipp is expected to return, but can we really drop Hojbjerg at the moment? Him and Bentancur are forming a great partnership.

Oliver Skipp, with his impending new contract as reported by football.london last month, and Ryan Sessegnon return next week to training at a very helpful time as Tottenham continue to build.

Be great if they make the bench and Reggie gets fit.

Gonna be a tough gig....

Gerrard has called them out for not being up for it enough in their big derby.... Bound to be a reaction.

This will not be the stroll that Arse had last week.

Last edited:
Gonna be a tough gig....

Gerrard has called them out for not being up for it enough in their big derby.... Bound to be a reaction.

This will not be the stroll that Arse had.
I don’t think it matters whether they are up for it….. we create loads of chances and counter attack so well that I’m confident. We will drop points at some point but we are a far better side than the ‘lucky punchers’ we were under Jose

Improving teams like us at present do not improve in a straight line but have ups and downs. Hopefully this will not be one of the downs. An away win at villa will be a very good result and earlier in the season a draw ok but now only 3 points is good enough however it is achieved.

I don’t think it matters whether they are up for it….. we create loads of chances and counter attack so well that I’m confident. We will drop points at some point but we are a far better side than the ‘lucky punchers’ we were under Jose

Indeed, that we are.

On their day though they are decent; defend well and will put up a good battle in MF.

I know on every match thread someone says this is a “Must Win” game BUT
this game really is,

the away form has been 2 wins and 3 defeats in the last 5 including Middlesbrough.

With the 5-1 win and 0-3 defeat for the team in 5th and a 7 goal swing in our favour for goal difference a win would be incredible with games against Brighton, Brentford and Leicester to follow.

Not sure Villa losing their last three games is a good thing or not they need a response.

If Reguilon is fit, he starts and we shift Doherty to his more natural position. We usually hiccup when it matters these days, so hopefully Dr. Tottenham will not be so kind this time. 1-3.

Patience will be the key, Villa will be very defensive but they are not as good as many other EPL teams always liable to leak a goal or two (average 1.5 per game). We just need to wait for the opportunities that will come and then tuck them away.

Apart from obviously Liverpool away, this game is our next toughest game for me. All our other remaining fixtures i feel are winnable. Beat Villa Saturday, I honestly think we can do it and get 4th

I know on every match thread someone says this is a “Must Win” game BUT
this game really is,

the away form has been 2 wins and 3 defeats in the last 5 including Middlesbrough.

With the 5-1 win and 0-3 defeat for the team in 5th and a 7 goal swing in our favour for goal difference a win would be incredible with games against Brighton, Brentford and Leicester to follow.

Not sure Villa losing their last three games is a good thing or not they need a response.

I don't really see how we can afford to lose any now to be honest, any slip up is motivation for the scum.

BUT this is also pressure applied to them (as well as Chelsea really), all we can do is keep applying the pressure and like we saw last night maybe that pressure is already getting to them.

We've won our last 3 with a score of 10 to 2 with a mostly settled and unchanged side.
Yet I can see some people disliking the suggestion we leave the side as it is.

Sure am glad they're not the coach of THFC.

Back
Top Bottom