Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1380053068129.gif

Fantastic win. Lots of rotation, though I was terrified when Walker pulled up. Thankfully he seemed to run it off pretty quickly. We do seem to enjoy playing Villa though, and have enjoyed a great record against them recently.

Wouldn't mind Fulham at the Cottage for the next round.

This is completly off topic and I'm sorry but I searched the forum, but somebody told me that for away games you can get travel through the club for£10 but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If anybody can help be much appreciated.

Really enjoyed the game, thought Sandro, Paulinho and Holtby bossed it. Atmosphere from us was class too. That Eriksen song was was going on for about 10 minutes straight, fair play!

Thought our first half was well-controlled after Villa's initial flurry (bless 'em), but we took the peddle off the gas once we went 2-0 and got a bit too sloppy with our passing in the second half - even rode our luck with the ref calls considering it was an awful Villa B. We seem happy to retreat a little and focus on defending the critical zones once we've take the lead, up until the last ten min when they get desperate/tired and the game finally starts getting stretched.

I'm perfectly fine with that strategy in midweek games btw to conserve energy (poor Verts looks a half step slower already), I'd just like to see us really rip some unlucky team a new one in the league. It'd be a good boost in morale, it'd endow us with that intimidation factor Man Utd had, and it'd shut up the "barely won against Palace/Cardiff" brigade next door. I do think it'll happen though, once our attack really clicks and Soldado gets going against some wretched side .... so Chelsea it is then :D

Back
Top Bottom