Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love this quote from a Villa Forum im currently reading.

We were finishing 6th while Spurs were midtable just a few years ago.
Now their reserves cost more than our first team. What the **** happened.

Great running of this club from top to bottom for the past 5 years. Pat yourselves on the back ENIC/Levy/Lewis.
From a very happy spurs fan.

That was funny enough until I read

:dawsonlol:
bless

This may sound really weird, but I feel sorry for Villa fans. They were up there with us until recently and now they will IMO always be hovering around top 10 / relegation places.
This is the big problem with football, that once a team establishes itself at the top it is incredibly hard to dispose of them unless a self implosion happens similar to Leeds.

The top teams have too much of a monopoly on trophies and i'd like to see some lesser teams winning it or having some glory like Birmingham and Wigan.

@ Dan D Dan D

Thanks for the summary, brother. I love your tweaks on English, too. Vertonghen as 'Ministry of Defence' had me in stitches. :D

'Tacklings'
76EAD1C6-3A59-4C77-B97B-0A129FC0CF80_extra.jpg

This may sound really weird, but I feel sorry for Villa fans. They were up there with us until recently and now they will IMO always be hovering around top 10 / relegation places.
This is the big problem with football, that once a team establishes itself at the top it is incredibly hard to dispose of them unless a self implosion happens similar to Leeds.

The top teams have too much of a monopoly on trophies and i'd like to see some lesser teams winning it or having some glory like Birmingham and Wigan.

I feela bit sorry for them too because I can remember growing up and being in their shoes when we would get spanked by some team with lots of expensive players while our starting 11 were injured and werent all that good on the best of days anyway.
I agree that there is a bias toward the top teams and we've seen it today in that penalty decision. It was a stone wall penalty all day long. I dont think it would have changed the result, but that isnt really the point because if you're a Villa fan it is just salt in the wound and the feeling of being unfairly beaten.
But, having endured all that for endless years as a Spurs fan, I am not about to hope that the system changes. We have determinedly wrestled ourselves into the top bunch of clubs in the BPL without a big daddy gifting us a team, we have put up with our best players being nicked each year and just wisely reinvesting it and we deserve our time at the top. I am just going to enjoy every minute of being a really good club and genuine challengers. The great thing is that even if were to lose to Chelski this w/e it doesn't feel like it would be the end of the world, it's not essential that we beat them as it has seemed in seasons gone by. Oddly enough I expect that is part of the reason why we might beat them this w/e because the team know they are good. One wrong result doesn't matter because we aren't winning by luck but by merit these days.

seeing Paulinho's goal (Kung Fu) style ,or he's brazilian , i think was "capoira" (or "capoiera")style .almost to cut aston villa defender head off ,reminds me from a song in the 70's instantly:

Back
Top Bottom