Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SinghYid

Just Do It
I know it's probably a tad early for this but ... fuck it. Need a more optimistic thread after today's result.

We beat them once this season. Should be able to do it again.

If it were up to me, I'll also start Holtby.
Regardless, it's time we give Lamela and Sandro their first PL start.

I would keep Siggy starting because the trio of Soldado, Eriksen and him seem to have something good going on. Plus, the return of Rose should make things better.

--------------Lloris--------------
Walker-Daws-Verts-Rose
---------Paulo-Sandro--------
---Lamela-Eriksen-Siggy--
------------Soldado------------

:smesh:

Walker Kaboul Verto Rose
Sandro
Lamela Eriksen Paulinho Townsend
Soldado

Or something like that, if everyone is fit. Could have Siggy and Holtby instead too.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Paulinho
Lamela Holtby Townsend
Soldado
I think Holtby deserves a fucking start.Kaboul and Rose if fit MUST PLAY.Sandro too.

it's too early for the line-up v A.Villa (away game) ,let see what happens in international games (11 oct. and 15 oct.) with our international players from the squad

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro - Paulinho
Townsend - Eriksen - Siggy
Soldado

If Rose is hurt still please play Fryers or Jan, or don't play Siggy if Naughton is playing.

Villa 2 Spurs 0, just pack the centre of midfield, stifle the inverted wingers and get Benteke to shove aside Daws and Verts on the break. #bigsamschooloftactics

Even though we had lost the NLD I had a proper swagger about me being a spurs fan recently. Even my walk had changed. 'The' result has brought me right back down to earth. If we can go here and put on a show then we can do our best to forget what happened yesterday. Can't work out if the International break is a good thing. I agree we need to let Lamela play in his best position, either on the right or behind the striker, but with Townsend one side and Siggy the other I do think we lack a balance, but Siggy has been important in terms of goalscoring so for me he stays in.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Sandro Paulinho
Townsend Eriksen Siggy
Soldado

Latest news ...
Dembele got injured on international duty training.
Fuck, that's why I hate these breaks.
And Azza is back!

It seems Dembele has some ankle injury, I think. Didn't want it at an injury expense, but maybe this could finally mean that Sandro starts. Plus, when AVB was asked if Lennon could play next week, he said maybe because Lennon has kept his fitness pretty high.

So...
I would give Lennon the start, right away. Time to get these goals pouring in!

---------------Lloris--------------
Walker, Daws, Verts, Rose
----------Paulo, Sandro-------
Lennon, Eriksen, Townsend
---------------Soldado-----------

I really want Lamela to finally get a start, but then again I really want to see how this combination plays.
It could be just the thing Soldado needs. Plus, we can always bring on Lamela in the 2nd half.
Or that ... we can start with Lamela on RW and bring on Lennon for him in the 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom