Aston Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football hasn’t been a working class sport for years. The working classes abandoned football years ago. They just left it to the rugger buggers. You see more violence at tennis.

You’re a funny little bloke - a weird little American who is so entirely friendless that you have to troll English football forums with your bullshit class war crap.

Isn’t there one of the 300m of your fellow countryman that you can take this up with? I get it, you want to be English, with brains and class and style, but you’re a yank - probably a fat one at that. For every working class Englishman fighting outside nightclubs on a Saturday night, there are millions of us breaking out the fondue set at the drop of a bottle of Hirondelle rosé. And that, my friend, is class.

Disclaimer: this is not my opinion of serious American Spurs’ fans.
WTF is that post?????

I hate how all football fans are now tarred with the same brush.

I'm embarrassed to be associated with a fella that can't stick a right hander on someone when he has the element of surprise and when the victim isn't even looking.

starsport12.jpg

Silly me...didn't realize the Grealish invader (let's be honest...most of us have wanted to give Grealish a good slap since his cunty hair started making the rounds in the transfer thread) was named Paul Mitchell. I was sat here thinking the comment was directed at Paul Mitchell our former head of recruitment and thinking, "for Christ's sake, watching footy IS his employment."

Are we certain they aren't the same Paul Mitchell?

:pochfacepalm:

Want villa to win this like them as a club.

I'm in two minds on this game.. Hate Villa as a club and their fans but hate Lampard as much.

Their fans were anongst the worst when we were bottom of the league with 2 points from 8. Yet another team who thought they were our rivals..
Scum bag fan base against one of the biggest scum bags in football.. Tough one but i'd laugh more if Villa missed out.

I know football is a working class sport and everything, but how is someone like Paul Mitchell unemployed, but able to attend all these matches? Surely social welfare isn't paying for this man's tickets?

It is a bit wierd how they think we are a rival. Don't understand it.
Indeed, Wee Nuts, I'm perplexed by this. My memory of Villa is always as an ambitionless institution from a meaningless province. They are involved in football to pad it all out, not to make a meaningful mark. And that's why they could never seriously count themselves as one of our rivals.

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have serious money and Villa will echo Wolves next season and could well push into the top 6.

In short. Another load of new money cunts to deal with. FFP breaches galore no doubt on the way out of the Championship. Tossers. Wish Derby had won.

Indeed, Wee Nuts, I'm perplexed by this. My memory of Villa is always as an ambitionless institution from a meaningless province. They are involved in football to pad it all out, not to make a meaningful mark. And that's why they could never seriously count themselves as one of our rivals.

Doesn't it stem from a couple of good seasons they had under Martin O'Neill where it was either us or them for a UEFA Cup spot?

Wouldn't consider them rivals for that, but they were the only club apart from Spurs who looked like they might break in to the top 4 at the time.

Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens have serious money and Villa will echo Wolves next season and could well push into the top 6.

In short. Another load of new money cunts to deal with. FFP breaches galore no doubt on the way out of the Championship. Tossers. Wish Derby had won.
Derby sold their ground for £80M to their owner to get around FFP. Villa had parachute payments and a higher FFP threshold so probably didn't break FFP but would have next season.

It is a bit wierd how they think we are a rival. Don't understand it.
All teams who have been half decent see us as rivals - there will always be a cross over / sliding doors where they were on a par with us, same with Newcastle and Everton (to a lesser extent Forest ) all see us as rivals.

Derby sold their ground for £80M to their owner to get around FFP. Villa had parachute payments and a higher FFP threshold so probably didn't break FFP but would have next season.

Hmmmmm.... Not good... Esp. as it seemingly hasn't paid off...

Wonder how much of the 80m Frank got this season?

Back
Top Bottom