Atleti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See they are crusing pass Saltzburg into the knock out stages. Feel they are the Spanish tottenham or that Tottenham are the Spannish Atleti. Breaking up traditional powers hard powerfully sides that plays conter attacking football. New stadiums and characterful hardworking coaches.

Anyone know anything about the side do we have any athleti lurkers on the forum.

Last edited:
See they are crusing pass Saltzburg into the knock out stages. Feel they are the Spanish tottenham or that Tottenham are the Spannish Atleti. Breaking up traditional powers hard powerfully sides that plays conter attacking football. New stadiums and characterful hardworking coaches.

Anyone know anything about the side do we have any athleti lurkers on the forum.
They've always been my spanish team. Been over and watched them play 4 times i think crazy atmosphere
Was there when they could of won the league in 2014 with a win v malaga and they drew I'm pretty sure toby scored for them
Their fans say they are the working class and Real fans are all rich
Definite similarities between us and them

Truly the kind of team you hate unless you support them,i kinda warmed up to them since they knocked out Liverpool and also Woolwich in the europa league a while back , hope they win La Liga this season, since Woolwich fans were giving them slack over the Partey deal, Not much to say about Simeone i massively rate him

Feel they are the Spanish tottenham or that Tottenham are the Spannish Atleti.
Not even close - they’ve won 9 major trophies last 10 years alone, including La Liga during a prime Barca / Real Madrid period and 3x Europa Leagues. So what similarities are those?

Also - you just voted for a poster to be binned for supporting Real - now you’re looking for Atleti fans on a Spurs forum - oh dear

Not a big fan of the la Liga but Atlético aren’t really spurs in essence. And they were never fun to watch, not even that title winning team in the 90’s.
Spurs are more like Sevilla I think

Shame Valencia are a spent force

I dislike them enormously. Bankrolled by the cartoonishly corrupt Gil family that have turned marbella into a mob city. My moniker supports them is all you need to know. Bill Madrid Bill Madrid will get the joke

I dislike them enormously. Bankrolled by the cartoonishly corrupt Gil family that have turned marbella into a mob city. My moniker supports them is all you need to know. Bill Madrid Bill Madrid will get the joke
Preach colega, I love how foreigners who arrive in Madrid adopt them in the belief that they are somehow "the workers' club" as opposed to "fascist Real Madrid" and then find themselves among a group of murdering zieg-heiling neanderthals from Frente Athlético.

The last opposition fan they killed, the Deportivo lad they threw in the river, was bang outside my in-laws' place. Near there was the little plaza/park where they used to meet in the Calderón days to sing Cara al Sol and other Francoist ditties. ¡Arriba España! indeed comrades.

At least Florentino Pérez had the cojones to take on the Ultra Surs, banning them (twice!) from the Bernabéu.
15506049991196.jpg

(Photo shows: Atleti fans proudly demonstrating their Marxist-Leninist credentials)

Preach colega, I love how foreigners who arrive in Madrid adopt them in the belief that they are somehow "the workers' club" as opposed to "fascist Real Madrid" and then find themselves among a group of murdering zieg-heiling neanderthals from Frente Athlético.

The last opposition fan they killed, the Deportivo lad they threw in the river, was bang outside my in-laws' place. Near there was the little plaza/park where they used to meet in the Calderón days to sing Cara al Sol and other Francoist ditties. ¡Arriba España! indeed comrades.

At least Florentino Pérez had the cojones to take on the Ultra Surs, banning them (twice!) from the Bernabéu.
15506049991196.jpg

(Photo shows: Atleti fans proudly demonstrating their Marxist-Leninist credentials)
Everyone knows that the working class team in Madrid is Rayo Vallecano, which despite the reputation, is a really friendly neighborhood (my best friend lived there and I visited a few times)
I was accidentally at Atleti's fucking fountain when they beat Real one year and it was unpleasant enough but it's the owners I hate most. What they have done to the whole of the costa del sol from estepona to malaga is disgusting. I saw it happen before my eyes as I went to school in Sotogrande in the mid 90s.

15506049991196.jpg

Was the area big in supporting Vox? Was it once republican and changed or always a right wing bastion (like the more lower middle class areas of London to Surrey where chelsea firm came from) or did it change recently?

Was the area big in supporting Vox? Was it once republican and changed or always a right wing bastion (like the more lower middle class areas of London to Surrey where chelsea firm came from) or did it change recently?
Do you mean Madrid in general or the area around the old Atleti stadium? If the latter, then not particularly, although more than is comfortable of course, as everywhere.

It should be remembered that with the possible exception of Rayo Vallecano, football in Madrid isn't regionally influenced in the slightest. For example, there wasn't the remotest hint of criticism that Atleti were betraying their "roots" by moving from SW Madrid (Vicente Calderón) to the eastern limit of the city (Metropolitano). Not surprising perhaps when their first ground (also called the Metropolitano) was in central-north Madrid, fairly near the Bernabéu

Back
Top Bottom