Audere est Facere

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"To Dare is To Do" is a funny phrase. What does it mean to you? It honestly took me a while to fully understand, but I think that the essence of why we love THFC is in this statement. That it was chosen as the club motto so long ago tells me everything I need to know about Tottenham Hotspur.

Daring to be better than you are is the ultimate objective. It is heroic to take risks with the strong likelihood of failure. Winning is not the ultimate goal, but having the courage to be our best in the face of long odds. That's it. No one articulated that concept quite so well as Bill Nicholson. WE ARE TOTTENHAM.

I don't think I have to live nearby or attend the games to say that and truly feel know what it means. The club and the community represent how I feel about sport and I feel a part of that.

To Dare Is To Do... the spirit of Harry Hotspur... Bravery and Endeavour...
...and besides, it beats a fucking Cannon any day!!

We're not about violence and shooting the opposition dead in order to win, we're about the Glory of the Brave, and overcoming your opponent with daring courage, and a WILL to WIN!

...what more do you need to raise the hairs on the back of your neck??

The badge I first knew.

And a Latin phrase to this day I probably pronounce totally wrong.

“OrDear est Pha-cha-reh”

So how are you meant to say it?

Or how do you actually say it?

Tottenham_Hotspur_05_grande.jpg

I'll tell you what I think it means to Nuno. "I have a two year contract fuck pretty . My only hope is put points on the board making us hard to beat and doing what got Jose top. Only 25 meters higher up the pitch, because only a cretin thinks letting these CB face 90mins of work will get you over the line. I get us to another window in contention I may get a Neves to actually keep a bit more of the ball"

I'll tell you what I think it means to Nuno. "I have a two year contract fuck pretty . My only hope is put points on the board making us hard to beat and doing what got Jose top. Only 25 meters higher up the pitch, because only a cretin thinks letting these CB face 90mins of work will get you over the line. I get us to another window in contention I may get a Neves to actually keep a bit more of the ball"
He had Neves at Wolves, and they were still dogshit to watch.

Back
Top Bottom