AVB: Worth it in the End

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
A rush of blood, lacklustre defending and more than one passenger are just a few of the contributing factors to what were a dismal Saturday lunchtime, and a plummet to the nadir after a bad sequence of results. Cue hysteria. For the reactionaries among the faithful the 5-2 reverse was an overkill of hammering nails into the coffin of AVB’s tenure. So the question remains, is AVB the man for the job? I’ll set my stall out from the onset; [...]

Continue reading...

I like this bit

"Now I cannot wait to see the return of Spurs tearing teams a new one, but what I want more is silverware, and in order to do that Spurs need to grow up. All the top teams grind out results by the odd goal; a mature approach all the elite teams know at times they have to resort to. A necessary evil, I’m afraid"

Totally 100% agree - to often when we need to calm the game down and take momentum out of the opponents I hear people shout "get it forward!" "take him on!" "get it in the box!" or "get on with it!" something along those lines. Watch all the good teams, they all have spells where they just keep possession, denying the opposition a chance to implement their game on us.

Back
Top Bottom