AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am surprised another club didn't come in for him. His record at Tottenham was impressive.

I'm still waiting for a response to:

Do you know the last time Tottenham had finished in the top 5 three years running?
Do you know the last time the team had a line up which included King, Modrić, Bale & van der Vaart, none of which 'Arry had any say in signing?

It really is saying something when someone who achieved what Redknapp did is called lucky for inheriting an underachieving squad....

Why did they underachieve under Ramos but not Redknapp?

I'm not saying getting more points than before means nothing but it is no argument for saying AVB's appointment justifies Redknapp's sacking.

Well, I haven't seen an answer to my question about when Tottenham last finished in the top 5 three years running... Maybe I missed it as the responses are coming through thick and fast!

The last time Tottenham finishes in the top 5 three years running was.......

1964!!!!!!!!

Redknapp did it and Levy sacked him...

So If Tottenham got 60 points and finished fourth and then sacked their manager, got 61 points the following season and finished seventh, sacking the manager was the right thing to do...?

I'm not saying getting more points than before means nothing but it is no argument for saying AVB's appointment justifies Redknapp's sacking.
Pretty sure I didn't say that. You were belittling AVB because we didn't get into the Champions League and making out although he guided us to our highest ever PL points haul, it was also his fault Woolwich et all didn't get less points.

I dont think anyone here thinks Redknapp failed at Spurs, you seem to have an attitude that the fans hate him and we are stupid for it.

For me, hes only ever out for himself, when it goes well, its all his doing, when it go's wrong its never his fault. He works the media to great effect that way.

I appreciate what he done for our club, I really do, but towards the end, his belittling of the Spurs fans, talking about all the players he tried to sign but never did, telling us we could win the League then a few months later telling us that the champions league was overrated was all too much.

The fact is that we're a much more professional and respectable club with AVB at the helm than Redknapp.

Paulinho and Soldado both spoke to AVB before they joined and listened to his plans for the future. Our ceiling with AVB is much much higher than with Redknapp.

Hahahaha!! I don't read The Sun, I don't write for The Sun, I never said at any point that Tottenham fans hate Redknapp.

BUT I do have a long enough memory to recall Tottenham's historic record in the league and their last of success and inconsistency. Redknapp addressed that in a way that hadn't been seen at the club for decades. He got the sack despite his achievements.

I think his sacking is the single worst decision in the club's history.

I'm not sure how you can say Tottenham can go further with AVB than with Redknapp. The squad is one thing but the manager is key. Tottenham had an exciting squad in 1993 when Ardiles joined. Sheringham got injured and they found themselves in a relegation battle.

So the manager plays a huge part. Look at the effect Redknapp had when he arrived with bringing in new players.

Hahahaha!! I don't read The Sun, I don't write for The Sun, I never said at any point that Tottenham fans hate Redknapp.

BUT I do have a long enough memory to recall Tottenham's historic record in the league and their last of success and inconsistency. Redknapp addressed that in a way that hadn't been seen at the club for decades. He got the sack despite his achievements.

That remains to be seen.

He may have been our best manager in a long time, if not ever but we got one of the best managers (up and coming or not) in the world. We were lucky Terry and his crew got pissed at him.

Abandon_thread.gif

Back
Top Bottom