AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's 2013 again, yay

It is the AVB thread though mate, so this shit is gonna roll for as long as it's open. The bloke is clearly a competent manager and was massively undermined not to mention having our 2 best players sold out from under him. Then there's the fact he was replacing Harry who the senior players loved and had been our most successful in a couple of decades. It was always gonna be a tough task that took time and everyone pulling in the same direction especially adapting to the contrast in management styles. Basically another cluster fuck of a situation orchestrated by Levy.

18.jpg

AVB's revenge for some!
(where are you Sammy!)

AVB's career:

Wins things in tiny, 2 team league after inheriting one of the two big clubs.

Proves twice he can not manage at a higher level.

Goes to tiny, 2 team league and inherits one of the two big clubs at Christmas. Throws away title with two games left.
Starts well in said league the following season.

So, basically still living off Porto, nearly five years ago now.

It is the AVB thread though mate, so this shit is gonna roll for as long as it's open. The bloke is clearly a competent manager and was massively undermined not to mention having our 2 best players sold out from under him. Then there's the fact he was replacing Harry who the senior players loved and had been our most successful in a couple of decades. It was always gonna be a tough task that took time and everyone pulling in the same direction especially adapting to the contrast in management styles. Basically another cluster fuck of a situation orchestrated by Levy.
TAlgylg.gif

sammyspurs said:
The man has honesty and happiness in his eyes. Welcome AVB.

I think he will be a legend
:rolleyes:

Wonderful proof to all the doubters that claimed Id never backed him. Thanks.

Should I be embarrassed that I once backed him, and welcomed him, and was prepared to give him time?

It took me 16 months to turn on him...stomaching piss poor performances and hoping it would click.

It didnt. Incidentley, I lost faith only two months before the club itself.

Bizarre that you still think those quotes are detrimental to me.

Last edited:
I wish him all the best now and when he left there we were a solid (bar two results) but horribly mundane looking team. Whether or not he Could of turned it around I'm not sure but for the life of me I still don't see the point of sacking him and appointing Sherwood, he should of been given the rest of the season and there would be no questions then, and no Sherwood no positively.

Seems AVB thinks he wasn't supported enough at THFC.

http://www.portugoal.net/portuguese...ll-of-media-sensationalism-and-false-promises

"Tottenham set a points and victories record in my first season, and missed out on the Champions League by one point and had a great run in the Europa League. In the second season, at the time I left we had more points than in the previous season. I ended up leaving by mutual agreement - it wasn't a sacking - because I gave full support to the football director Franco Baldini who meanwhile had other ambitions, meaning that I ended up with players that did not fit the profile I wanted.

"The chairman proposed a challenge to increase Tottenham's competitive level, but immediately Modric left and we didn't get any of the targets I had identified, such as João Moutinho, Willian, Óscar or Leandro Damião. These were promises that were not kept. I had a group of players I had not chosen. In two years I lost Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale, and all the promises made were unfulfilled. In any event I don't look at my time at Tottenham as a negative experience. It was an experience I needed to have."

Tottenham have accused Andre Villas-Boas of rewriting history after their former manager claimed the club reneged on promises.

Tuesday marked a year to the day since the Portuguese's exit from White Hart Lane, following a topsy-turvy 18 months at the helm.

Villas-Boas has since taken charge at Zenit St Petersburg but his White Hart Lane exit still rankles, leading him to air his grievances in an interview with TVI.

The crux of the 37-year-old's frustration stemmed from what he claims were chairman Daniel Levy's broken promises in relation to transfers, both in and out of the north London club.

"The chairman proposed a challenge to increase Tottenham's competitive level, but immediately [Luka] Modric left and we didn't get any of the targets I had identified, such as Joao Moutinho, Willian, Oscar or Leandro Damiao," Villas-Boas said.

"These were promises that were not kept. I had a group of players I had not chosen.

"In two years I lost [Rafael] van der Vaart, Modric, [Gareth] Bale, and all the promises made were unfulfilled.

"In any event I don't look at my time at Tottenham as a negative experience. It was an experience I needed to have."

Those comments have not sat well with Tottenham, with the club swiftly hitting back at Villas-Boas' claims.

"It's unfortunate that Andre has felt the need to pass comments like these," a Spurs spokesperson told Press Association Sport.

"Not only has he attempted to rewrite history, he has clearly forgotten the facts."

Villas-Boas' claim that Modric's move to Real Madrid came as a shock are understood to have irked Tottenham, as has the way he portrayed Van der Vaart's return to Hamburg.

The Portugese is believed to have been key in the Netherlands international's departure, while the club deemed many of his targets as unrealistic acquisitions.

We almost got Moutinho, almost got Willian, didn't know about us going for Oscar... but Leandro Damiao has been terrible for the last season or two (and I didn't rate him before that). Pretty sure we were in for Hulk though, and that didn't happen either.

I don't think any of those players were unrealistic targets though, we just got gazumped on most of them by oil-rich clubs jumping in with higher wages at the last minute.

AVB clearly didn't see a future with VDV though - that's a strange thing for him to come out with.

We almost got Moutinho, almost got Willian, didn't know about us going for Oscar... but Leandro Damiao has been terrible for the last season or two (and I didn't rate him before that). Pretty sure we were in for Hulk though, and that didn't happen either.

I don't think any of those players were unrealistic targets though, we just got gazumped on most of them by oil-rich clubs jumping in with higher wages at the last minute.

AVB clearly didn't see a future with VDV though - that's a strange thing for him to come out with.
We got gazumped because Levy is a tight cunt and wouldn't pay wages like the others :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom