Away Goals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I adore the away goal rule. Man city knew the stakes yet failed to score at WHL.

Away goals is European football. It would be mad to discard this rule.

Agree, it would make it too much of an advantage playing second. Imagine if that game went to extra time, City would have had an extra half our in their own stadium. And you'll just get more games going to penalties, which is shit. And you lose that moment of one goal changing going though instead of out.

I can see them scraping it then realising they've made a mistake and bringing back in a couple of years. It's a fair rule and adds greatly to the drama.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I like away goals. Gives an addition nuance to games and reduces the chance of extra time which automatically gives preference to whoever hosts the second leg. Obvs away goals rule has also led to the greatest away day in the club’s history, a night I will never forget!

This is a huge mistake if they get rid. It’s the only time in football one goal can turn a losing position into a winning one (and vice versa). It actually rewards away teams for attacking.

All that said, Fifa enjoys shit decisions and will no doubt get rid.

Yes let's scrap the away goals rule and have yet more penalty fucking shoot-outs. Yet another example of meddling with something that has been fine for years.

Hey, it's only worked for 70 years, so it can't be any good can it....
Jesus, leave football alone. There's nothing like that feeling when you realise you (or your opponent) have to score 3.

So annoying. Yet another shit change to the game. Now they'll be more fucking pens, and negative tactics from the away team in the first leg. Fucking stupid

What was so wrong with football a few years ago that it couldn't just be left alone?

Now we get multiple rule changes EVERY year, and then amendments to the previous years rules because, shockingly, they turned out to be shite.

Back
Top Bottom