Backing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the whole set up, who do you actually back when you sit there and work it all out.
I’m not talking match day, I’m talking about who would you actively see stay put here, or those you want gone.

Not a “who do we need” type thing just would like to see on paper how much of this club some of you actually support.
Goes for management and owners too.

For me, it’s easier to say who I don’t back, as the list is pretty short.
If the window closed today, as it stood I can say I’d be disappointed if Ndombele was still here and we hadn’t used the money to strengthen.
Aurier for me needs to go.

I’d give Dele ONE more season if push came to shove.

In short, Ndombele and Aurier I’d see go, and the rest I could live with in Jose’s first full season.

I expect the real fanz list will have to be who they want here, otherwise they’ll be typing all day.
I’ll start you off:
Kane

Anyone I missed?

It would appear he is “the club” to you?
Have you any others you back?
You want a player gone after 5 games - and then complain about unrealistic expectations

You back ENIC - not the club it seems (ironically that would also mean backing our most expensive transfer)

Sissoko
Aurier

Regarding Ndombele 25% of me wants him to stay. But if we sell him and it helps us buy (along with selling the other two) players like Doherty, Skrinrar and sabitzer then I’m all for it. Selling him could make the squad stronger.

You want a player gone after 5 games - and then complain about unrealistic expectations

You back ENIC - not the club it seems (ironically that would also mean backing our most expensive transfer)
I’ve told you who I back.
The entire club except Ndombele and Aurier

That’s more than you back.

Keep

Lloris
Toby
Sanchez
Tanganga
PEH
HMS
Kane
GLC
Sess
Dele
Bergwjin
TND
Fernandes

Everyone else can leave. I wouldn't be totally distraught if Sissoko stayed though.
We could make decent money on Winks and Dier and Dier isn't even homegrown. Foyth is another 8 figure player potentially. Lamela could go to Italy and be happy and we wouldn't have to make do without him for a third of a season, every season.

TND would get one more season. One season with injury, manager change, covid etc is too soon to write that off.

Now at least it's in writing and no come backs
At least I’m not a pussy and can put it in writing.

Where are all you “the squad is shit Levy Out” fanatics?
Realised that quite literally backing only 3 players from an entire squad, plus the entire management plus the owners isn’t really a good look.
Especially when it’s those who claim to love the club the most.

You support an AIA shirt but barely anyone who wears it.

At least I’m not a pussy and can put it in writing.

Where are all you “the squad is shit Levy Out” fanatics?
Realised that quite literally backing only 3 players from an entire squad, plus the entire management plus the owners isn’t really a good look.
Especially when it’s those who claim to love the club the most.

You support an AIA shirt but barely anyone who wears it.
I support most players bar a few I've mentioned before that need to be sold pronto - do you want the list gain?

I do not support the business model of our owners and their vision for the club

The following players need to be moved on for the sake of everything that is good at Spurs

- Lamela - wage thieving for years now having been fit for 15% of the time at best - average on a good day
- Aurier - gooner agent confirmed
- Foyth - nothing player
- Rose - doneski
- Sissoko - Jesus, take the wheel
- Gedson - shameful scenes

Happy to keep Winks as a squad player as long he doesn't start at CM

sammyspurs sammyspurs - is this ok now?

Get rid:

Lamela
Aurier
Sissoko
Foyth
Rose

Use the cash raised to buy better players and also will free up space to sign more foreign players

The following players need to be moved on for the sake of everything that is good at Spurs

- Lamela - wage thieving for years now having been fit for 15% of the time at best - average on a good day
- Aurier - gooner agent confirmed
- Foyth - nothing player
- Rose - doneski
- Sissoko - Jesus, take the wheel
- Gedson - shameful scenes

Happy to keep Winks as a squad player as long he doesn't start at CM

sammyspurs sammyspurs - is this ok now?
Fair enough Arc

Not sure I want anyone to leave at this moment, as I am not confident that we would get the right replacements! We need lots of bodies for the horrendous fixture congestion we have to face at the beginning of the season. That's why I was surprised that Skippy was allowed to go on loan (although I understand it was necessary for his future development). I get why Serge is on the top of a lot of people's list, but having let KWP go, seems we need to hang onto him for a while longer.

Dele with 8 goals & 4 assists in 25 Prem games in a shocking season where everyone thinks he's shit, yet people want him gone, crazy stuff
I dont think we should sell him, but i can see why some do, stats dont always tell the whole story, you only have to watch a few games and see he slows down most attacks, and for a counter attacking team that is never going to work

Back
Top Bottom